Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

intermitent gear change failure and cruise control not engaging

884 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  everson38 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Vauxhall corsa and two months ago the car began failing to go into gear, there are no recognisable times when this will happen. I have done long trips and the car has driven fine and then the next day the car is awful to drive having to force the car into gear and it completely failing to do so. it has been to three garages the first said there was no issue. around the same time the cruise control no longer works.
the second ( a Vauxhall garage) found no issue but changed the linkage, the car still shows the same fault.
now the car is in the third garage another Vauxhall garage and they've changed the clutch at a handsome £1200.
drove it home and the car still had the same issue, I am losing my mind as they are saying there is nothing wrong when clearly, there is. the car is back in the garage but I am losing my mind.
I just wondered if this has happened to any body else.

#2 · (Edited)
Could be the actual selectors in the gearbox. Had this on my 05 micra before I got rid of it earlier this year. New box cleared it up and shits like new now. It had an identical sounding fault. I picked up a gearbox for it secondhand on ebay with 40,000 miles on it for £40 so they aren't as dear as they sound but you would need a friendly mechanic rather than dealership.

Could be something else but just from my experience.

Edit: Just had a look gearboxes seem to be £100 to £200 for a corsa on ebay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.