Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so iv been having an intermittent problem for some time, the car will be fine for a length of time then all of a sudden it wont start, when trying to turn over it will make a loud click, then sometimes after holding the ignition on for about 40 seconds or so it will fire up, then it can be the same thing for a while every time you turn the engine off, or sometimes it will go without problem for a few weeks . then happen again.

also found that if it doesnt want to start and you leave it for a few hours when you go back to it, like last night it did it , wouldnt start for love nor money, then went out this morning and it fired up.

a new temp fix iv found aswel is if i disconnect the battery and then connect it again it will start too.

also had issues with the break lights flickering at times, and thats generally the tell tale sign its not going to start the next time i try it, the battery is pretty new and had that tested along with the alternator, checked the plugs and starter kit today that looks fine as i know they are prone to water ingress and decaying ,
had a look around the internet and found similar results from people but nothing quite the same, people have looked at it but as the case it always works n they never find anything wrong with it at that time.

i have had issues in the past too where i will lose power steering and all the dashboard lights then it will come back, and sometimes tho not often when driving it will sort of power down like lose all revs then kick back in again as though there is a power short to the drive of the vehicle, it did it earlier where in neutral i would rev the vehicle it would hold revs for about 10 seconds then completely lose throttle and then i would have to go again.

Anyone experienced anything similar.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,245 Posts
I’d check and double check both ends of you’re battery leads because it sounds like a bad earth or connection just make sure everything is tight and the earth point is nice and bright too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d check and double check both ends of you’re battery leads because it sounds like a bad earth or connection just make sure everything is tight and the earth point is nice and bright too
il have a good look tomoro, iv cleaned the heads on the battery earth cable, il try n have a look n find where the earth connects, there is a weird little wire too that seems to connect to the same part not sure what that is, did get it started and went on about a 15 mile drive tongiht , no issues with the drive but did notice that some of the electrics werent fantastic like the windows wouldnt go down on there own after hitting the button etc, but same thing again wouldnt start when i got home, disconnected the earth and put it back on and starts straight away

1 - 3 of 3 Posts