Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you on here who know my car history you will understand why this thread is named what it is ;)...BUT...for those of you who don't know or simply dont remember then check out my old progres thread:

http://www.ukcorsa-d.com/forum/showthread.php?27438-(Bones90)-Bad-SRI-Turned-Stealth-SRI&highlight=

See what i mean now? ;)

Right then, after that ball ache of a car ending up in a scrap yard i went on to buy a cheap run around which was a Fiesta MK5 Zetec S which no matter how you looked at it, was chavvy :( didnt really like the car but i needed something to get around in. Ended up doing a turbo conversion on the car and then sold it on :)

Bought Joe's car off the forum (Joejs90) who was great, had a faf with a certain piece of paperwork but it was sorted pretty much instantly which was all good! Paid a fair amount of money for the car considering its mods and history so i am one rather happy chappy!

Couple of problems with the car are:
Airbag light
Engine management light
Chip in the wing

But lets face it compared to my last Corsa that is nothing! Lights are being turned off tomorrow with any luck and i will get the chipped wing sorted when some money frees up :)

Current Spec of the Car:
LMF Precat Removal Pipe
ITG Air Filter
Baileys Dump Valve
Courtnaey Intake Hose
TXAutosport Intercooler
Full Stainless Hardpipes
Cool Running Thermostat
Scorpion Sports Cat
EDS IPF Remap PHASE-1 240PS / 370NM NR-TRACK_NOPRECAT_LINEAR-PS_HKS-POP-2 (237bhp/ 272 lb ft) Last RR: 237.2bhp / 298.6lbft
Eibach Pro Lowering Springs
Silvatecs
6000K HIDs
EBC Turbo Groove Discs
Red Calipers
Yellow Stuff Pads
Colour coded V GrilleVXR indicator surrounds
Cruise control
White on red SMD conversion

Not got many plans for the car, going to tint the rears, get some deflectors and tinted side repeaters and maybe get a cat-back.

Will take pictures when i get a chance :)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
happy to be back in one! nahh doubt i will have many issues with it apart from general wear and tear :)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: Engine and Airbag Lights

Had the car in Vauxhall this morning and they made me laugh quite hard!
First of all they told me i needed new windscreen washers at £5 each side because one was set too high and the other too low and when i asked them why i cant just adjest them simply with a pin the guy turned around and said that it cant be done :lol: Second of all they said that because my OBDII port isn't allowing for the Tech2 to communicate with the car they say that i either need to book the car in for a day at £70 + VAT an hour to see if they can repair the port connection or i need to purchase a new interior loom at £661 plus labour making a grand total of £2k!

So my saving grace is, and it has shocked me somewhat...you guys remember my old SRi (yes the one with all the problems) i am getting the OBDII port out of that and am simply going to get an auto sparky to cut out the one in my new car and replace it with the one from my old one :), gonna try and have mine repaired first so i can be sure, the reason for that is simple, as my old SRi has been sat in a scrap yard for a rather long time the plug may have got wet or something and may not work, so its best for me to try and repair the other one, because if i just go ahead and change the plugs over and the other is water damaged or something and doesn't work...i am well and truly screwed, but at least i know if my existing one cant be fixed that i can try and fit the new one, obviously getting it checked for any damage before hand :)

Happy days i think :lol:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really don't want to say it. But hear we go again... Lol. Good luck mate, your Vauxhall seam a bit rude to me! Lol.

Sent from a monkey in a lab using Tapatalk
Nahh, had the same checks done on this car as i did my last SRi and with the last one they gave me 2 sheets of paper listing all its faults. With this one they gave me one with the main fault being the OBD plug, others were as follows:

1. Windscreen washers too low
2. Heater/Fan switch light flickering - non standard LED
3. Unable to estimate wear on front brake pads due to being non standard
4. Unable to see inside rear brake pads
5. MAF missing 2 screws
6. Rear number plate cracked
7. Airbag and Engine lights on
8. OBD connection has broken pins.

From that list numbers 1,2,3 4 and 5 have all been sorted/are perfectly fine. Number 6 i dont need to worry about until this time next year and will cost me about £10. Number 7 is what the car went in to get turned off. Number 8, i have the new connector and it just needs fitting :)

So all in all its not all that bad

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Nahh, had the same checks done on this car as i did my last SRi and with the last one they gave me 2 sheets of paper listing all its faults. With this one they gave me one with the main fault being the OBD plug, others were as follows:

1. Windscreen washers too low
2. Heater/Fan switch light flickering - non standard LED
3. Unable to estimate wear on front brake pads due to being non standard
4. Unable to see inside rear brake pads
5. MAF missing 2 screws
6. Rear number plate cracked
7. Airbag and Engine lights on
8. OBD connection has broken pins.

From that list numbers 1,2,3 4 and 5 have all been sorted/are perfectly fine. Number 6 i dont need to worry about until this time next year and will cost me about £10. Number 7 is what the car went in to get turned off. Number 8, i have the new connector and it just needs fitting :)

So all in all its not all that bad
When you put it like that. It's really not that bad! :)

Sent from a monkey in a lab using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Intial Pictures

Well as promised some pictures of my new car :)

Cleaned up the engine cover as it was too busy for my liking...may change again at some point...

Also added some LED sidelights, not the best but they work and thats the main thing :)

Plans for the car are simple really:

HEKO wind deflectors
Tinted rear windows
Tinted side repeaters
Cool running thermostat
VXR Rear lights

and possibly a flowmaster later on.

According to the regal site its currently at Stage 2, just need the flowmaster to be Stage 3 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Well as promised some pictures of my new car :)

Cleaned up the engine cover as it was too busy for my liking...may change again at some point...

Also added some LED sidelights, not the best but they work and thats the main thing :)

Plans for the car are simple really:

HEKO wind deflectors
Tinted rear windows
Tinted side repeaters
Cool running thermostat
VXR Rear lights

and possibly a flowmaster later on.

According to the regal site its currently at Stage 2, just need the flowmaster to be Stage 3 :)
Don't necessarily need a flow master mate.
Obviously an enclosed inductions more efficient but something as simple as a JETEX cone could do the job. Looking at your figures your pretty much at stage 3 and i wouldn't go much further unless your planning on forging the internals etc

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been looking at the JETEX but dont really fancy spending money on one of them, thanks though :)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE: Engine and Airbag Lights

Right then so after getting back from my few days away i went to pick up my car which was in the garage to have the OBD plug sorted out. Garge say that the plug is perfectly ok as their machines are connecting perfectly fine, so thats great news :)
They turned off my EML and told me it was down to the MAF sensor which had some missing screws which i have replaced so thats no big deal either.
They couldn't turn off the airbag light though which sucks..showing up an error with the high resistance squib and have advised me to replace it, so i ordered the new part from vauxhall today at the wonderful cost of £102 then it will be hopefully an hours labour at my local garage to have it fitted and programmed :)
Joe has helped me out by paying for half the amount which is really good of him, couldn't ask for more, been great! top guy!

Only slight confusion at the moment is...when i go to start the car (warm or cold) and down rev the engine when starting the engine cuts out as if its not getting fuel or something? And the other the electrics light is coming on randomly flashing up and going off, anything above 2000 RPM, any ideas on what might be causing this? Garage have told me to replace a damged piece of vacuum hose and then get a vacuum test done to make sure theres no leaks, but these problems weren't happening before i took it to the garage so i think they should solve these issues free of charge. Will ask them to do so when i take it in to get my new airbag thing fitted.

Other than that...Happy Days :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Right then so after getting back from my few days away i went to pick up my car which was in the garage to have the OBD plug sorted out. Garge say that the plug is perfectly ok as their machines are connecting perfectly fine, so thats great news :)
They turned off my EML and told me it was down to the MAF sensor which had some missing screws which i have replaced so thats no big deal either.
They couldn't turn off the airbag light though which sucks..showing up an error with the high resistance squib and have advised me to replace it, so i ordered the new part from vauxhall today at the wonderful cost of £102 then it will be hopefully an hours labour at my local garage to have it fitted and programmed :)
Joe has helped me out by paying for half the amount which is really good of him, couldn't ask for more, been great! top guy!

Only slight confusion at the moment is...when i go to start the car (warm or cold) and down rev the engine when starting the engine cuts out as if its not getting fuel or something? And the other the electrics light is coming on randomly flashing up and going off, anything above 2000 RPM, any ideas on what might be causing this? Garage have told me to replace a damged piece of vacuum hose and then get a vacuum test done to make sure theres no leaks, but these problems weren't happening before i took it to the garage so i think they should solve these issues free of charge. Will ask them to do so when i take it in to get my new airbag thing fitted.

Other than that...Happy Days :)
Sounds like the maf mate. Check they haven't swapped the one I put in for a duff one or ****ed that up as it was brand new!! Drop me a text if u need anything else mate.

The engine light coming on might be because u haven't fitted the plug into the sportscat. It will eventually bring on the eml.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds like the maf had a similar issue
Take the maf off and start the car and see if it runs
Cheers buddy, will give it go later on :)

Sounds like the maf mate. Check they haven't swapped the one I put in for a duff one or ****ed that up as it was brand new!! Drop me a text if u need anything else mate.

The engine light coming on might be because u haven't fitted the plug into the sportscat. It will eventually bring on the eml.
When its getting the airbag thing fitted on wednesday i'm gonna get them to sort it out because its a joke, wasn't wrong before it went in but got these problems now i've had it back lol.

EML was on because of the air flow readings being too low, and fitted that extension thing on to the sports cat so should hopefully stay off for a while now :). Going to get myself a cat back made up soon enough :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Cheers buddy, will give it go later on :)

When its getting the airbag thing fitted on wednesday i'm gonna get them to sort it out because its a joke, wasn't wrong before it went in but got these problems now i've had it back lol.

EML was on because of the air flow readings being too low, and fitted that extension thing on to the sports cat so should hopefully stay off for a while now :). Going to get myself a cat back made up soon enough :)
If it is broke give me a text and il get onto the company I bought it off for you mate.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts