Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I Thought il stick a cone filter on my 1.3cdti eco flex for a laugh and it needed a new filter anyway. Il get a cold feed to it but tbh I'm not that bothered as it's just a **** box run about. Absolutely no gains (maybe some noise) but it looks neat and most important.. Clean

Still makes me laugh sticking one on a 1.3 desiel 馃槀

Attachments

Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
Ah the things we do for a giggle, any cone filter on any corsa is a complete waste of time but loads of fun, look at Jeremy clarkson鈥檚 adventures over the years especially Top Gear!

Registered
If you haven't already seen it have a read of this which i post every time a new members mentions they have the diesel engine -

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers mate but I have already read that post and mines cushty. I want to hate everything about it but tbh not much I can moan at getting 60.9mpg and 20 quid tax a year.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah the things we do for a giggle, any cone filter on any corsa is a complete waste of time but loads of fun, look at Jeremy clarkson鈥檚 adventures over the years especially Top Gear!
Oh aye the things I have seen over the years as well 馃槀 never had such a low cc engine but I must admit it goes better than alright for a 1.3cdti I was checking the boost earlier and for a 163kmile engine it still boosts at 18.5psi which I found impressive 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I liked my 1.3 diesel until i had the problems in the thread, brilliant fuel economy for an 12 year old car.
Did you end up scrapping it? If I was in that position I would of pulled the ecu, pull apart then dry it out, reseal with tigerseal and see what would of happened can't hurt if it's going to the greedy scrap man

Registered
After watching several videos about drowned ECU's i decided it was not worth trying to save it, it had a few advisories so was needing money throwing at it for the next MOT and i already owed the garage that was trying to diagnose the problem a few hours labour so they took it as payment.
I bought a low mileage petrol as i no longer do huge mileage and what a difference its like a different car, everything feels like its new compared to the old car, my next car will be anothe petrol and probably a Corsa E.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is my other car as a cheap run about, parts are also dead cheap. Got some new rear shocks for 40 quid so that's Saturdays job, need to find an old bit of exhaust as the back box fell off so that's the next job but other than that il service and change the plugs for winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts