Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

The car was purchased 2 months ago and I do not know what the problem is.
The problem is happening only sometimes most often when the car is on the parking and I start the car after work or in the morning when i start the car. Sometimes when i drive.
Video where the sound of the problem is heard is on the link below

1.7 96kw 2011y
greetings from Croatia

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi as you will understand it's impossible to diagnose noise problems via the net but i would get this checked in a garage.
most likely it could be related to the suspension parts or steering components.tie rod end ball joints and even dampers can produce these noises if they are faulty

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
965 Posts
At the risk of getting told to take a running jump, don’t turn left! Could be the indicator stalk clicking as you turn the steering wheel or if it’s more of a thud or crack it could be the universal joint having issues.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hello all

The car was purchased 2 months ago and I do not know what the problem is.
The problem is happening only sometimes most often when the car is on the parking and I start the car after work or in the morning when i start the car. Sometimes when i drive.
Video where the sound of the problem is heard is on the link below

1.7 96kw 2011y
greetings from Croatia
Sound lock it could be the pin in your steering column, if you give this a watch it will guide you, common-ish problem on these cars.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
739 Posts
@banda I didn't find a problem and my mechanic is busy..
@everson38 I tried that but still the same
It would be good if you could do another video with it happening as it is very short, full lock to the left and right just.show.some.variation in how it occurs. Failing that you may need to get under the car (axles stands) and have someo crecreate the sound and see if you can see anything in particular making the noise

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the late reply, As you see only at the first turn of the wheel

·
Registered
499 Posts
Its impossible for anyone to diagnose that by watching a video you need to get it checked by a garage, any unusual noise from the steering needs to be checked thoroughly you would never forgive yourself if you drove it like this lost control of the car and hit someone or something.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, As you see only at the first turn of the wheel

That's alittle tricky, if it only does it.once , say first thing in the morning, it maybe something simple / silly, I would strip.it down, leave it over night and then put.your hand on parts and turn wheel to see if you feel the noise

1 - 14 of 14 Posts