Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the users guide on vxro it says not to leave car on idle as it will do damage to the engine over time, I'm paranoid about keeping mine is as best condition as possible but if I'm let's say sat in a car park on a cold evening with mates and leave car running for the heaters is it actually gonna do damage?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bollocks ** in my opinion as you have to let it idle for it to warm up for 10 mins etc so that's basically saying your damaging your engine when you warm it up as well , and your suppost to give it 5 mins on idle before turning off for the engine to settle etc and cool down so in answer to the question it won't damage the car at all if the fan comes on to cool the engine down if it gets past 105 degrees iirc then it's all good , would suggest a cold running thermostat though :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I will get to the mods soon enough haha think exhaust will be first want it popping and I agree on the warming up and cooling down thing do it all the time since I got vxr where as my diesel I used to just get in it and not really give a toss about warming it up haha

Normally give it a good 20 mins before I use any sort of power in the vxr though

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bollocks ** in my opinion as you have to let it idle for it to warm up for 10 mins etc so that's basically saying your damaging your engine when you warm it up as well , and your suppost to give it 5 mins on idle before turning off for the engine to settle etc and cool down so in answer to the question it won't damage the car at all if the fan comes on to cool the engine down if it gets past 105 degrees iirc then it's all good , would suggest a cold running thermostat though :)

What a load of **** lol...

Your meant to warm your car up by driving it gently and off boost not just by sitting there... Again with cooling it down you should drive off boost for the last few miles to let the oil cool down then leave it sitting for 30 seconds just to get fresh oil round...

As for sitting it there with the engine on you won't completely **** it don't worry... Just be aware that engines like fresh air and you aren't getting any when you sit there with the engine on in a carpark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts