Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are pressed plates legal if they come with BSAU145d number and manufacturers details?

Also are they legal if that information is covered by a number plate surround?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Dubmeister.com must be lying then when they say they supply legal pressed metal plates.

As long as they are spaced and have the correct font I don't see the problem, I think the whole camera can't read plate is bullshiit

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't know if they're illegal or not but for what its worth i'd rather not give the police any ammunition to pull me over.

The plastic plates with 3d letters are good enough for me.

·
Banned
347 Posts
My mate had them and he got pulled for them as cop cam couldn't read them. Luckily they let him
Off as he had normal plates on him too so they allowed him to swap them back to normal

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got mine off of ebay and never had a problem, had them on both of my cars now for about 2 years and had no issues with the police or my MOT's and I have been followed a couple of times by marked police but they didn't pull me over or do anything. Might just depend on the area your from and how strict the police are.

My mate was pulled for *supposedly* having fog lights on but it was simply the fog lights that come on when you turn a corner and they tried to give him a fine. They even said they are pulling people over for small things since they are trying to clamp down on people meeting up in car parks and chatting. They never seem to like it when we are having a good time. Its not like we are doing anything wrong either if we are sitting in our cars chatting to each other and not out raping women, burning schools down or drinking in a playgorunds :p

·
Registered
635 Posts
There are a lot of people who cause trouble when they meet up in car parks though and they are trying to crack down on those people.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Run my pressed metal plates since jan i travel the country often being followed by marked units, hitting anpr traps, been stopped at a vosa checkpoint with them on no problems at all! Just got a warning for one tyre being close to limit

1 - 19 of 19 Posts