Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sure this will of been covered before I'm sorry! I've seen a few sets of legal presses plates on eBay coming with certificates etc however some people are saying there not legal and cops still pull you over for them? Any mot testers or in the know people fancy sharing some light on this? As I really fancy a set :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've heard that dubmeister plates are legal, they're pressed and from what I've heard very good quality, you can find them on ebay

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mate I have seem them on eBay they all look good really fancy a set! Need to make it look half decent before pvs and USC! Ha :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buy them but carry normal plates in boot tbh
Haha I like that idea! Cops do pull make the excuse ive been coming back from a show! Haha

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eBay ones are ****e :( there's 2lads at Santa pod that do the best the best ones Iv seen :)
Cheers mate I had a set from a show to go on my old corsa before I wrote it off :/

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
If you check my process blog my were from Santa pod :) got a personal plate now need to get them made again :) there only 30 quid a set :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you check my process blog my were from Santa pod :) got a personal plate now need to get them made again :) there only 30 quid a set :)
Will do cheers bud

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thinking about getting some pressed plates although my reg isn't a private one cause can't afford that yet...

Would they look stupid without a private reg?

·
Registered
40 Posts
no such thing as legal pressed metal plates not on post 1973 cars. This is because the material used although the colour is correct i.e. white at the front and yellow on the rear, the acctual metal isnt a retroreflective material so doesnt meet the required standard for uk law. 'BS AU 145d' even though its stated on dubmeister (i think) that they have the legal markings it doesnt acctualy mean that they are legal! and if you are pulled (Which eventually you will be as ANPR cameras cant read them so pings you up) you havent got a leg to stand on as its your responsibility to ensure the cars legal

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/113434-warning-pressed-metal-plates.html
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=205714

i guess if the metal is coated with a retroreflective layer it would be legal but if its just painted metal then affraid theyre illegal!!

i wanted some but after a bit of research decided against it; found some legal plastic plates with raised lettering on demonplates.com if that helps !!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hmm... my plates are pressed I've had them for years and I've never been pulled. Even when the plod have been following me on numberous occasions, looking for a reason to pull me.

·
Registered
390 Posts
no such thing as legal pressed metal plates not on post 1973 cars. This is because the material used although the colour is correct i.e. white at the front and yellow on the rear, the acctual metal isnt a retroreflective material so doesnt meet the required standard for uk law. 'BS AU 145d' even though its stated on dubmeister (i think) that they have the legal markings it doesnt acctualy mean that they are legal! and if you are pulled (Which eventually you will be as ANPR cameras cant read them so pings you up) you havent got a leg to stand on as its your responsibility to ensure the cars legal

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/113434-warning-pressed-metal-plates.html
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=205714

i guess if the metal is coated with a retroreflective layer it would be legal but if its just painted metal then affraid theyre illegal!!

i wanted some but after a bit of research decided against it; found some legal plastic plates with raised lettering on demonplates.com if that helps !!
If those ANPR cameras can't read your plates how do they know it's your plates they can't read?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts