Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned a GTI MK5 previously so I am used to high ish powered hot hatches. What mileage should I be looking for? What’s it like as a daily? I don’t do huge amounts of driving but my average is around 10k a year. What am I looking for in terms of the engine and mechanicals and of course the infamous piston 4?

·
Registered
81 Posts
To be honest i love the driving experience in this hot hatch but t be perfectly honest its not worth the hassle unless your willing to spend money on the upkeep and maintenance if not dont waste your time harsh but true words people either love them ir hate them i live my baby she keeps up with astra h vxr with no hassle and handles a dream and those pops are just orgasmic lol but yeah love or hate car in my opinion.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have owned a GTI MK5 previously so I am used to high ish powered hot hatches. What mileage should I be looking for? What’s it like as a daily? I don’t do huge amounts of driving but my average is around 10k a year. What am I looking for in terms of the engine and mechanicals and of course the infamous piston 4?
And as for the piston four just dont drive like a dick and engaging clutch every and rev matching its destroys the chocolate pistons 😂😂😂

·
Registered
5 Posts
Make sure you have some cash aside for the M32 gearbox rebuild if it is the 1st gen vxr, apart from that good little run around however expensive on fuel 300 miles to a tank of super fuel. If the above is no issue is say go for it. cylinder 4 is commonly caused from tuning and not upgrading injectors (so I was told by WG) as they run near to full chat standard so as long as you aren't belting from cold I doubt you will have too much issues with this :)

Please correct me if I am wrong at all.
HTH
Charlie :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Make sure you have some cash aside for the M32 gearbox rebuild if it is the 1st gen vxr, apart from that good little run around however expensive on fuel 300 miles to a tank of super fuel. If the above is no issue is say go for it. cylinder 4 is commonly caused from tuning and not upgrading injectors (so I was told by WG) as they run near to full chat standard so as long as you aren't belting from cold I doubt you will have too much issues with this :)

Please correct me if I am wrong at all.
HTH
Charlie
Hey dude i think you got it 100% i agree let engine heat up before hammering it and defo use SU and not 95 as ive had problems due to a map and not upgrading the injectors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts