Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the valve stem oil seals on my corsa and within 1 week my car has completely drained of oil and water just disappearing as well have I done something wrong, I pressed the seals onto the head and gave them a little chap to make sure they were correctly seated but when I put my head all back together the problems started it still smokes on startup, can someone please help me as I have head back off ready to put back on with new seals but I don't want to cause anymore damage

·
Registered
880 Posts
I changed the valve stem oil seals on my corsa and within 1 week my car has completely drained of oil and water just disappearing as well have I done something wrong, I pressed the seals onto the head and gave them a little chap to make sure they were correctly seated but when I put my head all back together the problems started it still smokes on startup, can someone please help me as I have head back off ready to put back on with new seals but I don't want to cause anymore damage
Hey Major, so say that you have lost all the oil in a week, seems extremely unusual. Can you give use a little back story again why are you replacing valve stems?

Also this forum is a great resource but only very few respond and what your describing is quite high end work. I would also consider joining the Vauxhall owners network forum, The Corsa forum and any others vauxhall specific I may have missed to widen your responses

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was reek as mad when I started it up in the morning so I changed all the head gasket set and timing chain set and replaced the tappets and lifters but then it started reeking again after a while and the oil was draining rapid so I took the head back off, I am waiting on new head gasket set tomorrow and I am going to do the valve stem seals again as when I finished there was a little spring where I was working from a valve seal unknown if it was new or old I put it all back together, the engine ran sweet except the reek again and the only thing I can think of was that little spring, thanx for the reply mate, maybe hoping you could help me a little bit if there's something I'm not doing correct TIA

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was reek as mad when I started it up in the morning so I changed all the head gasket set and timing chain set and replaced the tappets and lifters but then it started reeking again after a while and the oil was draining rapid so I took the head back off, I am waiting on new head gasket set tomorrow and I am going to do the valve stem seals again as when I finished there was a little spring where I was working from a valve seal unknown if it was new or old I put it all back together, the engine ran sweet except the reek again and the only thing I can think of was that little spring, thanx for the reply mate, maybe hoping you could help me a little bit if there's something I'm not doing correct TIA
I have been using fully synthetic 5w30 oil could that be a factor as well for an older engine

·
Registered
24 Posts
Some people have success changing over to 10W40 oil, but it sounds like you have excessive crankcase vacuum if it is devouring that much oil so quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts