Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone might have advice on how to remove a coil pack that seems to be stuck fast/ caught on god knows what. My car has intermittent shuddering and loss of power, and I reckon it's the spark plugs/ sensor and wanted to do a little visual inspection/ replace the plugs before I shell out/ take it to the garage.

I've unclipped the cover, unplugged the sensor (that was hard enough), unscrewed the torx screws and fitted a couple of 8mm bolts to help with leverage. Bloody thing wont budge! It wiggles about, and I can rock the coil pack from side to side, getting the initial 3 ribs of the rubber seal out to release any suction, but any further that that is impossible. I was under the impression you could gently lift it out, but short of getting the hulk to have a go, I'm at a loss of what to do. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
978 Posts
Soak in wd40 for as long as you can, check all the bolts are out and go for it

·
Registered
768 Posts
Try getting a medium sized pry and and taping the end of the bar to avoid damage and gently lever around the lip of the coil pack against the sides of the engine cover. These can be stubborn

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts