Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Vauxhall Corsa SE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a rattling sound coming from the timing belt area, initially it was a scrapping sound which would only be heard when the car is up to temperature around 90 plus. Now it has gone to a different sound, like a loose mental component rattling against something. This sound can be heard as soon as you turn the engine on, even whilst stationary in traffic. It's only sounding from the timing belt area. I have had the water pump replaced earlier this year due to a leak, then timing belt and pulley changed a month ago. The mechanic told me it could be the alternator, not sure if the alternator has ever been changed before me. I read online that it could be alternator related like a bolt or something. It doesn't sound bad on video but in person it's very distinctive. I have uploaded the video to YouTube and will link it here as I can't attach a video to this post. video link:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I've noticed a rattling sound coming from the timing belt area, initially it was a scrapping sound which would only be heard when the car is up to temperature around 90 plus. Now it has gone to a different sound, like a loose mental component rattling against something. This sound can be heard as soon as you turn the engine on, even whilst stationary in traffic. It's only sounding from the timing belt area. I have had the water pump replaced earlier this year due to a leak, then timing belt and pulley changed a month ago. The mechanic told me it could be the alternator, not sure if the alternator has ever been changed before me. I read online that it could be alternator related like a bolt or something. It doesn't sound bad on video but in person it's very distinctive. I have uploaded the video to YouTube and will link it here as I can't attach a video to this post. video link:
What make and model do u have

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts