Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’m new here! Just want some advice. I’ve just got myself a black 2009 Corsa Vxr. She’s sitting at 74k and pretty much has full service history. I’m just wondering what mods are advised to do first ? I want a little more power but I want it to be reliable as I’ll be using her for my daily driver. Thanks

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
First of all, congratulations on getting a decent motor. Right airflow, ideally a cone filter but it’ll make it noisy so a enclosed type like a bmc filter or a k&n 57i should see 6 ish bhp. Cat back exhaust, get a decent free flowing one on, if it’s gonna be a daily driver, don’t go cheap, ask anyone who’s had a peco on the motorway at 80, it gets boomy! Bastuck exhausts seem to be decent for power gains although I’d be half tempted to ring regal or Courtney sport see what they recommend as they tune them up, if you go down the cone filter and exhaust route you might benefit from a re map, don’t go chasing mad power figures, keep her well serviced and Tyres right pressure then every 4 th tank or so give her some good stuff from the fuel pump and you won’t go far wrong. Keep it clean to as a shiny car will go through the air better and if you drive with the windows down get some wind deflectors, they do work and they look good on corsa’s. Finally if you feel it’s getting a bit loose on the handling, give her a drop, 30 mm should be enough with decent shockers as with it being a daily driver you want some comfort! Think about the suspension bushes too as after 11 years they may be getting past their best, and like I said if it’s a 20,000 service have it done every 10,000, it might cost more but it’ll save you in the long run. Try and keep miles sensible as look at the prices of nova gte and gsi’s now, 25 years ago you couldn’t move for them, now it’s finding one at all!

·
Registered
3 Posts
First of all, congratulations on getting a decent motor. Right airflow, ideally a cone filter but it’ll make it noisy so a enclosed type like a bmc filter or a k&n 57i should see 6 ish bhp. Cat back exhaust, get a decent free flowing one on, if it’s gonna be a daily driver, don’t go cheap, ask anyone who’s had a peco on the motorway at 80, it gets boomy! Bastuck exhausts seem to be decent for power gains although I’d be half tempted to ring regal or Courtney sport see what they recommend as they tune them up, if you go down the cone filter and exhaust route you might benefit from a re map, don’t go chasing mad power figures, keep her well serviced and Tyres right pressure then every 4 th tank or so give her some good stuff from the fuel pump and you won’t go far wrong. Keep it clean to as a shiny car will go through the air better and if you drive with the windows down get some wind deflectors, they do work and they look good on corsa’s. Finally if you feel it’s getting a bit loose on the handling, give her a drop, 30 mm should be enough with decent shockers as with it being a daily driver you want some comfort! Think about the suspension bushes too as after 11 years they may be getting past their best, and like I said if it’s a 20,000 service have it done every 10,000, it might cost more but it’ll save you in the long run. Try and keep miles sensible as look at the prices of nova gte and gsi’s now, 25 years ago you couldn’t move for them, now it’s finding one at all!

Hii, just wanted to find out where/ the best place to buy wind deflectors from please ?

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Without a doubt Team Heko. They just fit easily and look they bobbins. £28 amazon. Get it sorted! 😝

1 - 7 of 7 Posts