Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moving on ASTRA 1.6 136bhp

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  WesBez 
#1 · (Edited)
Time has come to move and I'm looking at these new Euro 6 Diesel engines. 1.6 engine turning out 136bhp and 320nm torque. Considering I'm getting a Eco engine at 136bhp and still does a combined 72mpg they also do a 110bhp 300nm engine doing 74 combined so why not get the extra bhp. This won't be far off what I'm getting in the Corsa 1.3 (75) I'm so impressed it's made me want to change the car as I'm in need of a 5 door. Not sure what trim to get yet. Spent hours chopping and changing. Thoughts. 0-60 in 9.7 and 125 top speed. £306 for insurance for me and the wife.

http://media.vauxhall.co.uk/media/g...news/gb/en/2014/vauxhall/02-05-astra-1-6.html

#2 ·
I have an Astra 2l diesel. Offically they say it should do 61-62mpg but on a combined route it tops out at 56.1mpg. On the motorway the handbook say 70mpg but at 56-60mph I can only get 62mpg.

I have the elite model. It has leather sports, heated seats, cruise control, climate control, auto lights, auto wipers & bluetooth. I picked it up with 18-19k on the clock for 13k as it was a year old. It was an ex rental fleet car that was on a year long lease. The Astra's with 18" tyres didnt ride as well at the 17" tyres but the 17" tyres arent cheap. Im paying around £400 for the Astra. Its a different leguae to the D and feels so much more mature car but feels as small as a D when on the road. On the motorway its well insulated from a lot of the noise

#4 ·
I get the feeling from mine if I was still doing the 40-50k a year like I was in the D it wouldnt break a sweat. I know they are as cheap to insure as a Corsa. As for running costs they are about the same as the 1.3 till I floor mine and then does arount 45-50mpg. Pitty your not closer as you could have a spin in mine

#5 · (Edited)
The best features for what I want come In the astra LE. Body kit etc. as I missed out on iPod and Bluetooth on the Corsa. Unfortunately they only do the 110hp in it. "Whisper diesel" 300nm torque should be good on this car. Only thing is this car comes with 19" alloys (LE). My choice tyres would be very expensive. What do you think Adam? I'm still messing about with the config your own car. NI a fair travel. Lol but thanks

#6 ·
300nm should still mean it goes like the clappers. I have spoken to a few tyre places and the reason Astra tyres are expensive are a few are odd sizes / less common.

Your choosing the car how I did. I had a set of option that were a must and went from there. I would see if you can test drive it and take it down the roughest road you know. Well I did that with mine

#10 ·
I'd go take 1 for a test drive pal! I did with the 1.7 & was sold instantly on it. Always the remap or tuning box option if you want a bit more from it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
That was the 1st mod I did on mine. 215bhp and 450nm.

The 1.6 derv muncher is coming to the Corsa E too

#14 ·
i have the 2.0 cdti (non start stop) - door to door doing town driving about 40 mpg - motorway is obviously better - been to france in mine a couple of times - last time did 600 miles in three days - didn't miss a beat and weirdly slightly better fuel consumption at 80 rather than 70 (unless french roads have some special tarmac).

19 wheels are expensive (I have them) just put on two pirelli front tyres cost £202 each (so £408). SO something to consider.

Why not get a year old one? Mine has sat nav, bodykit, tints etc and was £12500 at 16 months old with 19000 miles on the clock. Ex vauxhall employee car (reg starts BF). For a rough cost a 13 plate 1.7 diesel with sat nav (not sure if its 19 or 20inch wheels) bodykit etc £12995 and in white.

#15 ·
Yeah I know what you mean. The new 1.6 diesels are more economical to run and that's why I want one. They are euro 6. Wanting the 1.6 136 now. Think I'm just going for the Sri and adding the same seats as the ltd edition as I want them for my bad back. Adding a few options. Bluetooth iPod haggled down to 18995 which is brilliant.

This post has been deleted
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.