Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 Opel Corsa D 1.4 Petrol Automatic/Triptonic Engine. A week ago while I was driving a long trip I started to feel some issues but it wasn't so obvious when it came up so I start to pay some attention. So me and my friend who has some mechanical understanding of the cars catch the issue. The problem is; when I'm on the last gear and driving around 80km/h and starting to accelerate without kicking down the gear the car starts to jerk/jolt few time until I reach to 85km/h. after 85km/h it stops and everthing is normal and below 75-80km/h its not there too. It is only the last gear that doing this problem, I tried using triptonic and re-generate the issue with third and forth gear but it could not. I changed the transmission fluid today suspecting that that might be the issue but still problem goes on. We also suspect if it might be an issue with Solenoid Valves of the Transmission Box but I don't have a hard transitioning gears or stuckin gears. Any idea or suggestion would be very helpful.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The first thing I would do is to bring your car to a tyre centre and check if the 2 front wheels are balanced properly. Very often you can get a vibration in the steering at set speed when you have unbalanced tyres. The vibration comes in and out at different speeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello again,

The problem was the Spark Coil. When engine was going into stress there was some oxidation in the spark plugs and those spark were not ignating. Interesting part is; no light (previously when there was faulty spark it was turning a light-on on the dashboard but this problem was happenin only when in stress around 80km/h so it doesn't) no error or faulty codes. I cleaned up the spark coil and its all good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello again,

The problem was the Spark Coil. When engine was going into stress there was some oxidation in the spark plugs and those spark were not ignating. Interesting part is; no light (previously when there was faulty spark it was turning a light-on on the dashboard but this problem was happenin only when in stress around 80km/h so it doesn't) no error or faulty codes. I cleaned up the spark coil and its all good.
Very good, glad to know you got it fixed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts