Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
now then all,
been on here for a while now and i havent got round to introducing myself and my beast.
Im J.d and my pride and joy is Lucy Rae.

here she is after a good clean...

I managed to make here more of a limited edition start of february ... not quite the way most of you guys do it or how i intended to ...

Not sure how well you can tell from this but my seat back has twisted with the impact and the seat fractured my shoulder blade :/

being dragged out

After a month of waiting, my insurance has decided its a write off not surprising with the damage estimate at £13,500! and that was just the visual inspection!!

On a more positive note the insurance company has now decided to buy me a replacement car, same spec. The garage however had trouble locating a black one so im now joining the elustrious chilli orange LE group :) lol. If all goes well i should be picking her up tomorow (15th). Of course pics will follow :)

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Christ! So glad you got out of that okay, fair enough with the fracture but the impact looked severe.

Good to see you getting back behind the wheel so soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ouch! Looks nasty, at least your ok, was there any other cars involved?
yeah thats the main thing i live another day and will drive another D lol, but nah it was just me on my lonesome!!

What is it with LE owners wrapping their cars round trees?

How did this even happen?
i havent heard of many LE owners wrapping them round trees?!?! but my excuse was that i was helping to keep the limited edition numbers down!

How on earth did you pull that off?! :?

Glad your alright though, that's the important thing.
Ta, the paramedic said that if it had been front on, or closer to the centre of the back of the car i would have ended up in intensive care :/ which at 2.30am in the middle of nowhere by myself was a scary thought :/

Well... It was on one of those cheaky corners that start gentle but get sharper and sharper as you go round, i cant say i was speeding only doing between 35-40, think i hit some black ice or suffered from 'lift off oversteer' if thats right?!? either way the back end slipped out, tried to recover ended up fish tailing and on the 3rd time it stepped out i wasnt quick enough with the steering and so i spun out and ended up going diagonally backwards into a tree.

last thing i remember is going backwards thinking sh*t sh*t sh*t dont hit a tree dont hit a tree!! then bang! Turns out that the auto deadlocking feature on the doors actualy unlocks when you crash and the engine shuts down!

cannot wait to get back on the road!! public transport is embarrasing!! lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Christ! So glad you got out of that okay, fair enough with the fracture but the impact looked severe.

Good to see you getting back behind the wheel so soon.
Ouch at least ur ok
Cheers guys, yeah impact was pretty bad think i was doing 30 odd going backwards when i hit the tree, braking didnt occur to me whilst going backwards :/
)
and yeah i cannot wait to get driving again, so kind of the insurance comp to buy me a brand new car!! :) really hope i get to pick her up tmz :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah well it happens unfortunately. u gona get a brand new replacement?
yeah at least i walked away from it!! and Yeah the insurance company have bought me a 13 plate corsa LE in chilli orange which is the colour i originally wanted :) just waiting for the money from the insurance to get to the garage then shes mine, already got her taxed and insured cannot wait!!

·
Registered
10,159 Posts
yeah at least i walked away from it!! and Yeah the insurance company have bought me a 13 plate corsa LE in chilli orange which is the colour i originally wanted :) just waiting for the money from the insurance to get to the garage then shes mine, already got her taxed and insured cannot wait!!
wow nice mate! So not all doom n gloom then, lookin forward to see it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Deffo doing 70 ;)

Only kiddin mate, least your ok.
glad your ok chilli orange is better colour anyways ;)
cheers lads, just been on the phone to the dealership, and it was bad news!! was expecting to pick her up today but the money from the insurance hasn't gone accross so now i've bin told monday pick up! :D so not all bad news i spose. gonna be one long weekend though !!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts