Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Corsa d auto 5 door 1.4 12 plate and when engine warms up will not accelerate I've tried air mass and it's not that the engine starts to die when you put your foot down any ideas??

·
Registered
540 Posts
I am not a mechanic but a search of your symptoms brings up many of the same results -

Oxygen Sensor
The sensor is about the size and shape of a spark plug and protrudes into the car engine's exhaust stream. It determines if there is a lot or a little oxygen in the exhaust, so the engine can make adjustments to the amount of fuel being used in the engine to run at maximum efficiency.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have a Corsa d auto 5 door 1.4 12 plate and when engine warms up will not accelerate I've tried air mass and it's not that the engine starts to die when you put your foot down any ideas??
Please keep us updated if you solve problem to help others

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will be very difficult to point this out without going through live data. However its most likely to be one of the sensors playing up as once it goes into closed loop it starts acting up.
When u say warmed up. Do u mean completely operating temperature or just few minutes after start up.
In case of an emergency u can try disconnecting the mass sensor from the top which should force the car into open loop n it might run better. Helping you get back or something. It will trow a check engine light if not already on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to mention that it was smoking out the back and i could smell burning coming from the engine all fuilds are ok

1 - 7 of 7 Posts