Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys and Girls,

Whilst at the VXR Performance Centre, i borrowed Tony Pilchers new Corsa D 1.7 CDTI. To be honest i wasnt expecting great things after speaking to various Vauxhall employee's.

Ive got to admit that i love the seating position, and the visibility is spot on. :)

Onto the engine......

Tony had mentioned to me that at low rev's the car was pretty guttless, but lets not forget that his previous car was/is a 300bhp Astra VXR ;) and to be honest id have to agree with him. Once the car was warmed up, and moving i was pretty impressed. In terms of refinement, its no where near the Fiat sourced 1.9 CDTI but all in all not as bad as i was expecting.

Tony had asked me if i could fit a tuning system, as the new 1.7 like the old 100PS can't be re-mapped (not sure why Regal are advertisings this ). We then went in search for the fuel pressure sensor, which is to be found on the fuel rail.

On the Corsa C the fuel rail is situated on the back of the engine, and you really need to jack the car up to be able to access the rail. After 30 mins underaneath the D, i then went for a scout around at the top of the engine, and low and behold the fuel rail has been moved, and sits right at the back, near the top of the engine.

2 mintues later, and the Tuning system was fitted... :) (ill put together a How 2 at some point)

Both myself and Neil went out in the Car, and straight away Neil mentioned that it revved a lot better, and was more "petrol like". We both noticed that most of the low down lag had virtually dissapeared :) . Mid range, the car was/is a lot stronger and makes overtaking a lot easier...

We then proceeded to adjust the system (turn it up) and went back onto the road between Greatworth Park and the A43.

Neil's first words were, "this now pulls like a 1.9 CDTI" (out of the box, not a 200bhp version ;)) We then swapped over, and the difference between standard and "boxed" was very noticable, and made an already good car even better :)

Tony will be using the car this week, as he was taking the 340bhp EDS Vectra VXR home this weekend so i will let you know his thoughts and feedback.

So to sum up, all in all i think the New Corsa D 1,7 CDTI isnt as bad as i was meant to believe, and is certainly a nippy motor with some adding zing :)

Andrew

·
Registered
173 Posts
So back to what i said on the other forum Andrew,

Ka$h said that you can't see the front of the car from driving position, you opinions?

Apparently the seats are gorgeous to sit in in the VXR though :D

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
So back to what i said on the other forum Andrew,

Ka$h said that you can't see the front of the car from driving position, you opinions?

Apparently the seats are gorgeous to sit in in the VXR though :D
not seeing the front of tha car is the sae as the astra vxr you cant see that and its got a pointed nose which is a pain atleast the point is a curve on the corsa vxr.

·
Registered
173 Posts
just wondering if youve managed to drive a 1.3 cdti deisel one yet
I did, i test drove one and the 1.7 CDTi when I was waiting for my VXR order to go through...

Personally I can see what Ka$h was saying but as I'm short, dont notice a lot of difference to any other car :look:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mini review

Got a test drive in a 1.7 CDTi SXi Corsa on Tuesday (Red with 17" rims). I have been considering changing my 2005 1.7 CDTi Astra for one.

First impressions were good. I think it looks good from the outside. Inside its much bigger than the 1999 1.6 Sport I used to own. Seats felt great, all the dash trim etc looked modern and of decent quality. I liked the idea of the CD30 also playing MP3's. The salesman drove the first 1/2 mile or so and I took over from then. The car had 30 miles and hadn't been PDI'd so I don't know if this has any bearing on how it drove. It handled really well, very taut/firm to the point of being harsh (Not a problem) However the clutch was not to my liking, it was heavy then went very light at about 75% travel. This in reverse felt really odd when letting the pedal back up. 0-60 in 9.3 secs with 280NM of torque sounds great on paper but this particular car was dead below 2-2.5K revs. Really bad when cold but did seem to be a little better when warmed up. Felt a bit harsh too and although it could shift it all felt like an effort to it.

Returned to the showroom and haggled. Came to agree a deal with me saying I would confirm within 24Hrs. I knew as soon as I started to drive my own car I wouldn't go through with it. The Corsa may be a lot faster when pushed but the power delivery on the Astra is so much nicer. Also the problems DamoSXi and JonnySXi are having didn't help, perhaps given a period of time GM will sort the power delivery and other niggly faults. Rang the dealer yesterday saying I didn't want to deal.

I had already decided to put my car in the Autotrader as the garage price offered wasn't great. If it did sell I may consider a 1.3CDTi 90 PS now. Similiar performance to my Astra but lower insurance and more mpg. Anyone blagged a drive in one of those yet?

John

·
Registered
149 Posts
Im really unhappy with my D

It may look nice but its been in the garage since Monday and will be for the best part of next week

Im seaking advice to get my money back !

·
Registered
149 Posts
america thats, crazy that it , the cars are built in spain though aren't they
Dunno m8. The whole situation is a joke with a car thats only done 500 miles and that I have had for less than 4 weeks and which has been in a garage for 1 week of that and we still dont know when we are going to be getting it back ! ! !

·
Registered
415 Posts
Dunno m8. The whole situation is a joke with a car thats only done 500 miles and that I have had for less than 4 weeks and which has been in a garage for 1 week of that and we still dont know when we are going to be getting it back ! ! !
i would put a complaint into vauxhall and see what they say, or like my m8 did when he made a complaint about a dealership he rang dealership up and said i want to make a complaint, then later that week vauxhall rang him asking why he had made the complaint

·
Registered
32 Posts
america thats, crazy that it , the cars are built in spain though aren't they
I used to work in a GM subsiduary that manufactured and supplied automotive safety systems (Seat belts, air bags, door lock mechanisms etc etc) We supplied parts to mainland UK, the rest of europe and North America. The factory in Spain will almost certainly only be an assembly plant. I doubt they actually manufacture anything.

John

·
Registered
32 Posts
So angry about it all at the moment I dont wanna talk about it

They have to order a part from AMERICA believe it or not
When you calm down we'd be interested to hear what problems you are having and what the US ordered parts are for.

I read on another thread you have 2nd gear probs, ECU probs and lousy mpg. Keep us informed Damo, and I hope everything gets sorted quickly for you.

John

PS: What mpg were you getting?

·
Registered
149 Posts
When you calm down we'd be interested to hear what problems you are having and what the US ordered parts are for.

I read on another thread you have 2nd gear probs, ECU probs and lousy mpg. Keep us informed Damo, and I hope everything gets sorted quickly for you.

John

PS: What mpg were you getting?
If I can get any imformation or contact from my Vauxhall dealers I would tell you but im getting the normal POOR service ! ! !

Put it this way Urban driving which we use it for the most should average around 45mpg and its doing the same as what my old Astra was doing and that was around 29mpg

What do you call gtting sorted quickly ? ? ? They 1st tested and found the problem 8 days ago and have had my car 6 days now and the part wont be reaching them for at least another 3 days and then theres the time for them to deal with the problem which means we have NO idea when we will be getting it back. Having my car for the best part of 2 weeks isnt funny as I am paying good money for it and its leaving a sour taste in my mouth ! ! !

·
Registered
149 Posts
One week after having my motor in the garage and 10 days after the fault was found and I still dont have my D back and have not yet been told when im going to get it back ! ! !

What a fu*king JOKE

Anybody who knows me will know I dont give up easy and im going to take this as far as I can as if theres 1 thing I hate thats being made a fool off and my Vauxhall garage are doing just that ! ! !

1 - 20 of 29 Posts