Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just bought some Pioneer TS-G670 to use with my Pioneer SPH-evo62dab uni.

I've never worked on the speaker system before. Will these require adaptors and also do I disconnect the tweeters or leave them in.

Sorry for appearing like an idiot was something I was going to leave alone but the speakers are torn in mine

Thanks
Jake

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
596 Posts
You’ll need spacers, auto leads and the like, but if you’re handy with the jigsaw and some mdf you could make your own, afaik you shouldn’t need adapters as vx had separate tweeters in the dash to the mods in the door (basically tweeters do the higher notes, mid range do exactly that and subs do the thumping!) so just connect the new ones up and bob’s yer uncle! Don’t worry too much about disconnecting the vx tweeters as unless it makes it sound pony, then you might have to. Heard the centre speaker is a worth while mod, not done it myself but a few on here seem to have liked what they’ve done when they have fitted them

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks was going to make some speaker spacers but then found some at our local motor factors for a fiver for all 4. Fitted the front ones and everything seems well.

I too have heard about the centre speaker mod and I do have a centre speaker from when I switched the dash over but it's not connected.

How would I go about connecting it as I no longer have the stock head unit.

Thanks
Jake

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
596 Posts
Afaik the centre speaker is running at 8 ohms as normal run at 4 ohms, seem to remember reading you use the centre channel output on the back of the standard head unit, given you’re running an aftermarket head unit, and I hope someone will put me right if I’m wrong, if you take the left front positive and the right front negative and run it to the centre speaker that will then run it at 8 ohms, like I said, I could be wrong and it’s 2 ohms, but 80% sure in right in my thinking

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Afaik the centre speaker is running at 8 ohms as normal run at 4 ohms, seem to remember reading you use the centre channel output on the back of the standard head unit, given you’re running an aftermarket head unit, and I hope someone will put me right if I’m wrong, if you take the left front positive and the right front negative and run it to the centre speaker that will then run it at 8 ohms, like I said, I could be wrong and it’s 2 ohms, but 80% sure in right in my thinking
Ok thanks will have a go. Don't suppose you know how I setup cross fade as I had a quick play and got the sound alot better but no idea what to set it to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts