Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually tried coding in a new speedometer with OPCOM that isn't divorced from it's old car?

Picked up the 3rd Speedo for my car (I've messed the last 2 up over the year), this one and the last one I bought weren't divorced from the previous car, but they are able to be plugged in and work perfectly fine despite fault codes in BCM and IPC. No issues with Immobilizer and the car starts perfect.

I thought I'd make it fresh and actually bother to do it properly this time so I don't leave any fault codes around. I've taken the EEPROM off the new speedo and read the code from it, hooked the new speedo into the car and ran OPCOM and gone to IPC and tried entering the code, but they never work. It's pauses for about 10 seconds before refusing the code for the speedo, my own car code doesn't work either.

It's the same scenario as the 2nd speedo, I have the valid car code but they don't get accepted by the IPC while it's in my car, has anyone ever divorced it from it's old car while being in the new car?

What if I was to edit the EEPROM's code to my own car code?

·
Registered
Corsa D 1.2
43 Posts
Could you please send me a picture of the EEPROM from the meter? I would also like to replace the counter with the one with a larger display

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you please send me a picture of the EEPROM from the meter? I would also like to replace the counter with the one with a larger display
The part number of the EEPROM was 080DOWT

I believe they are used in BMW’s too. I’m sure it should be the same across all Corsa D’s regardless of the screen size

1 - 3 of 3 Posts