Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premier Member
11,681 Posts
I look forward to seeing some official photo's of it :) I think the Adam will look really good with the usual VXr style get up. A more aggressive front bumper and beefier/lower rear should really improve it IMO.

·
Premier Member
11,681 Posts
haha i don't think it will. work have said it could be a similar engine that they have in the new fords, a tiny 1.0/1.2 turbo
Ford's new engines are very impressive Ecoboost units though, and Fiat's Abarth 500 uses a Multiair. GM/Vauxhall doesn't really have access to tech like that yet so unless they have a new engine hidden up their sleeve I can't see how they could pull off anything smaller than their 1.4 off? I may be wrong of course, but I will remain skeptical until proven wrong. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the ADAM is quite an eye catcher and with all the goodies that it comes with, wonder if it will have the vxr button like the Astra that will change the speedo to red lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
to compete with the mini and fiat500 and the people i know who drive them are women.Still i do like the alloys and it will more than likely be faster than my sri, would like to see it up close before i slate it too much.

·
Premier Member
11,681 Posts
The fiat multi air engine is old tech now. Would be nice if the dropped a de tuned corsa vxr engine in it
Umm, they only launched it in 2009 lol :lol: It's significantly more advanced than anything GM has come up with recently :shrug:

·
Registered
14,154 Posts
Umm, they only launched it in 2009 lol :lol: It's significantly more advanced than anything GM has come up with recently :shrug:
True, but there is a car company now working on replacing the cam shaft completly instead of just the chain. I am suprised GM hasnt bought into it as they seem to share a few things now

·
Premier Member
11,681 Posts
True, but there is a car company now working on replacing the cam shaft completly instead of just the chain. I am suprised GM hasnt bought into it as they seem to share a few things now
GM can't afford it Adam :lol:

The Multiair has actually been surpassed with Fiat's larger TBi engines too but I'm still very impressed with Multiair tbf, the 1.4 achieves 170bhp whereas VX's 1.4t can only squeeze out 140 and still gets worse MPG returns than the MA. :shrug: Plus Fiat s.P.a has announced that the 2015 Alfa Giulia will launch with a new generation 1.8TBi pumping out 300bhp... ;)

Anywaysss, we went a little off topic there... :look:

·
Best Corsa 2013 Feature Car
2,286 Posts
Yeh but fiat and Alfas are sh1t, so were not bothered about multiair :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts