Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there,

My Z13DTH 2008 Corsa D is struggling to go up hills and get up to high speeds.

No error codes and here is a list of things that have been checked and changed in the past few months:

1. Fuel filter changed
2. 3rd fuel injector changed
3. ECU checked and fine
4. fuel rail sensor changed
5. Turbo checked and fine
6. Air mass flow checked and fine
7. all fuel injectors checked and fine
8. cataclean treatment

Suggestions? Could this be a clean dpf job? Looking at threads apparently the Z13DTH doesn't have a DPF but my mechanic said all diseases do. There is black smoke coming out the exhaust.

Did check other threads and could only see info about DPF & EGR. Really been trying to avoid going to the dealership but might have to so this is my last-ditch effort.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,504 Posts
Sounds as if the egr valve could be to blame, even if the air flow meter is ok it won’t let the air through further down the system, I had this on a 1.7 astra van but had dash lights under heavy load, and the egr valve was clogged up, I ended up taking it off and giving it a good soak in petrol and fining a good wire brush out with a mates dremmel but it was a helluva dirty job, was push and go as to whether to get a new egr, but I cleaned it up and got it going, then a month later it failed mot as it was rotten!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds as if the egr valve could be to blame, even if the air flow meter is ok it won’t let the air through further down the system, I had this on a 1.7 astra van but had dash lights under heavy load, and the egr valve was clogged up, I ended up taking it off and giving it a good soak in petrol and fining a good wire brush out with a mates dremmel but it was a helluva dirty job, was push and go as to whether to get a new egr, but I cleaned it up and got it going, then a month later it failed mot as it was rotten!
Thanks for replying really useful! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I just plugged in the computer to see what the sensor says for the commanded EGR. It did light up green and is at 19.2%. Here is a screenshot, lemme know what you think.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I just based my diagnosis on reading up on the cdti engines and the fact it was only used for short journeys didn’t help it, tbh I was expecting it to do it sooner than what it did, had a old 1.9 astra hatch that did the same so did the blast her out trick, 60 mph in 3rd for half a hour, by the time I’d done that twice it cured it, made me bloody deaf though! I know there’s the blanking plates for the egr valves on eBay but have heard these burn through with time, plus you have to software flash them out other wise the light on the dash stays on and mot man doesn’t like them!

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Yeah get it cleaned, try a oven cleaner or carburettor cleaner as she needs to shine like a diamond! Remember as you take Ieper apart take photo’s!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

AFTER - Runs well now, passed MOT, still shakes but not as much at the start, going to treat the Corsa to a PDF flush this week as I've never seen the DPF light turn on on the dash.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Shiny👍 Car equivalent to having a vindaloo! Treat it to a good run out every couple of months, stretch it’s legs like, just help the soot remember where it should be going!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts