Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Own a corsa D limited edition 2014 year with no glove box light in, hole and switch present any ideas how to fit one, been like it as from new, if you can call it a glove box 馃槀??

Registered
Own a corsa D limited edition 2014 year with no glove box light in, hole and switch present any ideas how to fit one, been like it as from new, if you can call it a glove box 馃槀??
Don鈥檛 know how they made them decent on the outside, but went low on inside, with basic interior lighting, no auto lighting, no auto wipers, no glovebox light, personally I don鈥檛 have those handles on the interior roof and only my passenger side has an interior mirror (i dont know if it鈥檚 just my car or if all LE鈥檚 are like that 馃槀)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply your absolutely right, anyway any idea to put a glove box light in the hole is there plus the switch, would you think the wiring is behind the glove box or is that to easy thinking vauxhall would use the same wiring 馃馃槀

Registered
Theyre easy to retro fit. The light can be bought online for about a tenner, and as for wiring it, just piggy-back off one of the fuses (should be a fuse which is live only with the ignition switched on) behind the glovebox. I'm tempted to also retrofit the front and rear footwell lighting.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Theyre easy to retro fit. The light can be bought online for about a tenner, and as for wiring it, just piggy-back off one of the fuses (should be a fuse which is live only with the ignition switched on) behind the glovebox. I'm tempted to also retrofit the front and rear footwell lighting.
thanks for the reply if you do get a chance can you please explain to me how to wire up both please wouldn't mind the foot well lights 馃憤

Registered
thanks for the reply if you do get a chance can you please explain to me how to wire up both please wouldn't mind the foot well lights 馃憤
For the glove box light, you will need the light (the switch for the glovebox door is already built into the light), a short length of wire to earth the light, and a 'piggy-back' fuse (with 7.5A or less fuse).
  • Remove the glovebox, and the interior fuse panel is straight in front of you.
  • Connect your length of wire to the light, and the other end to a convenient earth point.
  • Connect the wire from the piggy-back fuse to the other spade terminal on the light. I piggy-backed onto Fuse 14 in mine, which is the auto-mirror and light sensor (I have the SE). Any other fuse which is live only with the ignition turned on will do.
  • Fit the light into the recess on the glovebox housing, then refit the glovebox.
  • Test that it works!
I haven't yet done the footwell lighting, as I will wire this into the courtesy light circuit.

Hope that helps!

Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
Glove box light mad done! When you take the glovebox out to fit the light, get upside down in the footwell with a torch and look up towards the door area, you鈥檒l see the passenger airbag wiring then a thick bit of trunking to the right of it ( you鈥檙e still upside down at this point ) on that trunking is some electrical tape and in that is your glove box light connector, so with a Stanley blade or the like carefully cut the plastic tape from the trunking and there she be! It鈥檚 looped back on itself so the connector is at the bottom and there鈥檚 2 folds of the wire, connect all up and Richard is indeed your mothers brother! (Bob鈥檚 yer uncle!)

Registered
After 2013, that connector ceased to exist! It's certainly not there on my corsa. Hence having to piggy-back off the fusebox. Same with the footwell lighting connectors.

Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
Makes you wonder if the 2013 + models were the testing ones for the corsa e as there鈥檚 lots of shared parts between the two, then the e was only made from late 14 plates to 19 plates, quite an unusually short model life given the d was on for 8 years

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
OK thanks so much I haven't looked as yet if the loom is there some times is it worth it not even a glove box as such can not get much in there any way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts