Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently my heating has become a bit unreliable some days its works others it doesn't, along with this my engine fan comes on a lot more than normal even on short trips. Fluid levels are all normal as I check them weekly.
Any ideas??

·
Registered
41 Posts
sounds like you have a air lock in the heater matrix.
have you changed the coolent lately?

Try changing the radiator sensor part number is 55591002 cheep as chips on eBay

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the coolant has been changed recently, whats the best way to get rid of the air lock??

If the sensor was faulty would it show on the EML??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have gone into the hidden menu to check the engine temperature and it keeps fluctuating from 90 up to over 100 and the fan kicks in and goes back down to the lower end of the scale, it never seems to settle at a steady temp, would this be a faulty Coolant Sensor??

·
Registered
97 Posts
if your sitting idle then the temp gauge will go up and down all the time as the cars not traveling so the wind isnt cooling down the radiator.

take the top of the coolant bottle and sit with the revs at 2k revs for about 10 min watching the bottle if you can and you will see it erupt like a volcano lol theres your airlock

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The temp varies while i'm driving which is my concern even at a steady constant speed!!

Is that the best way to get rid of the airlock then??

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Its probably not the best but easiest lol only other option is draining your coolant and taking the pipes apart

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I basically from cold start, Coolant cap off, keep the car at around 2k revs until the coolant starts bubbling over (like a volcano!) then turn the engine off?

·
Registered
97 Posts
its what i done. and put the heaters on full that way you will start to get heat from the heater and not cold air all the time

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Give it a go this morning after the car got up to temp and the fan kicked in the coolant bubbled and then dropped, i let it idle for a little longer then squeezed the pipe that runs across the top of the radiator back to the coolant tank and it bubbled some more.

problem solved do you think??

·
Registered
97 Posts
if the fans are blowing hot air out of them then im sure its all gone but keep an eye on it overheating again as if it does it means theres still air in it somewhere

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Update!!!

Since doing the above and going out for a drive no heat through the vents and the engine fan was coming on every other mile, so if anything its worse!!

Corsa = Endless Trouble

·
Registered
394 Posts
Update!!!

Since doing the above and going out for a drive no heat through the vents and the engine fan was coming on every other mile, so if anything its worse!!

Corsa = Endless Trouble
Hey Billy boy. Did you ever figure out the problem?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts