Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people

Are these Corsa's known to be noisey things. I get rid of one noise and another one comes along. Literally had every noise a car can make in the last year and they keep coming. Finally got rid of a ticking sort of noise and now it's acquired a chirping noise. It's on the drivers side and only happens when at idle. Soon as I press a little throttle it goes. The best way to describe it is like an old computer doing too much making that Hard Drive ripping noise. It's very audible inside the car but can't hear it when outside under the bonnet. I have feeling its a pulley but unsure and how to check. Any suggestions?

Ta

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Given it’s all driven off the one belt (afaik) try the old longest length twist, if you can turn it more than 90* then it’s slack. Would’ve thought if it was a pulley you’d hear it under the bonnet, have you sat inside with blower off, could be that on its way out or the power steering? Guess the fact it goes with revs says it’s something not turning quick enough but much more than that all I can suggest is turn the radio up! 😂

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think I found the culprit, the screws that hold the oil catch can to the car was slightly loose, tightened them up an voila the noise has gone.... I think, haven't thoroughly tested yet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woo hoo that noise has gone. Also noticed that on a cold start the diesel clatter is SO MUCH noisier than normal. I know its cause of the cylinder not being hot enough to burn of all the diesel but what would cause it to get alot more worse than normal?

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Ah the old “ sounds like a tin bucket full of nails being shaken” noise! Vauxhall’s diesel clatter is much better than my old pre hdi 306 td! Now that was a clatter😂. As for a cure? Engine rebuild, the reality? A slightly thicker oil might help if it’s a more “leggy” engine but other than a rebuild/swap there won’t be much that can be done, wonder if the 1.6 twin turbo diesel would fit? Lighter engine, 160 bhp out of the box, 185 with a cheeky chip and less weight in a corsa? Just saying ( cue doctor evil laugh)!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1.6 twin turbo? The noise fades when at operating temp. Just seems like a combustion problem, don't think it's mechanical. So maybe an injector or something along those lines.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Just think all it needs is a astra twin turbo 1.6 that’s had an argument with something solid from eBay pmsl

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's pumped out a trail of white smoke when giving the car a bit of welly up hill yesterday so checked today and its now black smoke, only does it on initial pressing of the throttle then goes when in constant acceleration. Runs and drives better than ever though so no idea. Fucking hate this car at the mo. For the last year it's been a right pig.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just think all it needs is a astra twin turbo 1.6 that’s had an argument with something solid from eBay pmsl
Actually want this engine, the B16DTR. Wonder if it will actually fit cause, bet no one's done it before.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha. Just looked online and they're hard to come by. Maybe in a year or two there will be some knocking about. They're only fitted in the Astra K. Just thinking with a Biturbo the tuning will get big power and in a little corsa will be potent.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Think they’re in the vivaro too as I’ve seen one or two badged up that are biturbo’s. 160 bhp in a corsa from the black pump and the torque figures will be biblical!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The engine pumps out a little less than what my car is now. But with a good map the biturbo will be nuts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Bi turbo, good map, decent exhaust, you’re gonna be 200 bhp but the torque will be epic, just if the m32 can handle it, might be worth having a natter with regal auto in Southampton, see what they think as 200bhp in a corsa d is nothing new, but 200bhp in a diesel corsa is gonna be feature car territory especially if it’s a sleeper, and the mpg as you fly past the vxr’s!

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Alfa and fiat Saab and Suzuki all used to use gm engines then the commercial side of things always used to be Renault, Nissan and Vauxhall, but now psa have got their claws in the 1.5 from the corsa f, astra k 1/2, insignia vivaro combo are all tied in with Nissan Toyota Citroen Peugeot van side of things, then again the commercial engines will be tuned for torque, but look how well transits go with that 2.2 diesel!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Went to do a compression test earlier with the new toy I ordered and noticed that cylinder 3 glow plug was badly carbonised, I only replaced the glow plugs about a month ago. I couldn't do the compression test as the the gauge wouldn't fit in the tight space. What would course carbonised glow plugs in 1 cylinder?

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Carbon is a by product of the fuel being used so either no.3 injector is having a off day or on its way out or there’s an issue with the fuel pump or egr

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Carbon is a by product of the fuel being used so either no.3 injector is having a off day or on its way out or there’s an issue with the fuel pump or egr
New fuel pump fitted a month or so ago, if it was the EGR wouldn't all of the plugs be covered in carbon, which leaves the injector. Would a leaking valve or leaking piston rings cause it?

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
If you’re still on original injectors then it might be getting worn, if the spray pattern is bad or the holes are bigger it’s gonna use more fuel on that cylinder so while it’s a pain in the unmentionables it’ll be better job than tearing the engine down, although that b16dth will be a job to fit, seems daft chasing problems with this engine if there’s that option on the horizon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts