Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

The latest issue with our little 2009 Corsa D is that it's started making a loud noise (like there's a hole in the exhaust). Had a little look and there's a small water leak and fumes coming from the area pictured. Is it easy to replace?

We had an engine light on and used a fuel cleaner and oil sealant that seemed to fix the problem, but now this. Code was P1138. We also have a slight oil leak 馃榿

Registered
Hi folks,

The latest issue with our little 2009 Corsa D is that it's started making a loud noise (like there's a hole in the exhaust). Had a little look and there's a small water leak and fumes coming from the area pictured. Is it easy to replace?

We had an engine light on and used a fuel cleaner and oil sealant that seemed to fix the problem, but now this. Code was P1138. We also have a slight oil leak 馃榿

View attachment 20381
Hi if it is an exhaust leak your best bet is to consult your local garage.They can put it up on a hoist and check properly.do not waste money on additives to solve
the problem.Other issue could be an exhaust manifold gasket leak.So my advice to you is to get it done in a garage

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for your advice.

We haven't gotten around to it yet but we will book it in to a garage to get it looked at. I had a look at a replacement part online (around 拢60) so hoping the bill shouldn't be too bad. Definitely beyond my skills to fix this time!

Registered
Hi, thanks for your advice.

We haven't gotten around to it yet but we will book it in to a garage to get it looked at. I had a look at a replacement part online (around 拢60) so hoping the bill shouldn't be too bad. Definitely beyond my skills to fix this time!
Not to sure how wel versed you are or maybe your partner is what th cars but changing the front end of the exhaust from the flexi is not too bad, if you type in on you Corsa D exhaust change you can see the involvement of job.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts