Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a personalised number plate for the car but dont want to run into any hidden charges or anything.

Im in northern ireland so current reg is AAA 1234 <--- example layout

the plate im looking is AA12 AAA <----example layout

im gathering that the current one is a NI reg and the new is a UK which would be DVANI and DVLA respectively?

the car was first registered in gb in 2007 but then reregistered in NI in 2008 if thats anything to do with it?

just wondering will i run into any complications?

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I know...just wanted to check here before i go through a whole pa lava with them...just incase someone else has been through it or works in that department

·
Registered
591 Posts
Best bet is buying straight from the DVLA. No hidden fees, just the cost of having the plate physically made up. When I looked round for mine everywhere seemed cheaper on the surface but once you read the small print for the assignment fee etc it worked out more expensive. The price you see is the price you pay on DVLA, and you know you're not going to get any dodgy plates :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Emailed a guy and he said that if i want to put it on a NI reg'd car then i would first have to register the new reg on a gb car then transfer to my car, extra £80 assuming i find someone to transfer it to first. :look:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts