Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently bought a Vauxhall Corsa Design 1.2 07 plate second hand and there is an engine management light on (amber), the man that I bought it from said that his code reader said it was an O2 sensor issue and replaced them both (not sure if there are more) but the light hasn't went off. After taking the code off with the code reader it stays off for a couple of mins and then comes back on. The car runs well and smooth, and I have read up that the ECU can be reset by taking the fuse out and putting it back in so it can read from the new O2 sensors and not the old one. I am nervous that it resets the radio as I do not have the owners manual for the radio code - would it reset the radio?

The day I picked it up, the hazards didn't work and some of the other buttons like the demister, lock all doors and turning off the 2nd airbag also don't work (the orange light doesn't go on - not sure if they don't completely work) but buttons around it work, like the rear demister. Is this most likely a fuse issue? He said he changed a bulb that day in the side lights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you the code from the code reader? Would have a look to make sure hazard switch and door lock button as not disconnected as all in same area? May have had the panel off fitting a radio or something??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you the code from the code reader? Would have a look to make sure hazard switch and door lock button as not disconnected as all in same area? May have had the panel off fitting a radio or something??
quick update my dad unplugged the o2 sensor under the bonnet, gave it a clean and then reconnected and it took away 2 of the codes so he tried the same with the one underneath the car and the codes now are P0036 and P0141.
My rear demister is now working. From what I know the panel hasn’t been removed at all - how would I go about checking to see if they’re disconnected? I checked all the fuses and they are okay - is it possible that wiring has came loose at the back of the hazard switch and door lock button?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you replaced both sensors?
the previous owner said that he replaced them both but light was still on but he said it could be because they were after market rubbish from eBay. I went on to euro car parts and put in my reg but not sure if the sensors are universal and fits both slots or if it would need to be two different ones

·
Registered
12 Posts
Depending on age of vehicle, I think they are different though. You want direct fit not universal ones. Ring a local motor factors give them your registration number they can tell you if they are different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on age of vehicle, I think they are different though. You want direct fit not universal ones. Ring a local motor factors give them your registration number they can tell you if they are different.
Okay thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts