Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 cdti EcoFlex 2013
Mileage: 102 K

I have an Oil Leak on the left side (driver side) of the engine, I lose around 1 Litre every 1-2 weeks.

The highest point of the leak I have discovered is from the Alternator - I see oil in the middle of the Alternator.

Please could someone advise or guide me on what seal or gasket I should replace?

·
Registered
82 Posts
It is probably the seal on shaft with the pully that turns the alternator belt (that turns the alternator) i assume oil is getting onto the belt and is being thrown around the engine bay hence the alternator being covered, get this looked at soon as oil and rubber belts don't get on well and it will eventually snap leaving you stranded.

Please have a look at this thread it may save you a lot of money and headaches (it was too late for me and i had to scrap the car)

(1) Corsa D 1.3 engine will not start, will not turn over, water in ECU | Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum (ukcorsa-d.com)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Car: Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 cdti EcoFlex 2013
Mileage: 102 K

I have an Oil Leak on the left side (driver side) of the engine, I lose around 1 Litre every 1-2 weeks.

The highest point of the leak I have discovered is from the Alternator - I see oil in the middle of the Alternator.

Please could someone advise or guide me on what seal or gasket I should replace?
It could be a few things in the sense of creating the look of this. Rocker cover gasket although a litre loss in a week seems alot. Crank seal leaking onto belt and then slinging it everywhere. Ideally what you need to do is buy some break cleaner and give everything a good spray and wipe down. Ideally if you know how to raise the vehicle, then do that, start the car and see if you can see any obviously leaks

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys, I've been speaking to the Vauxhall Garage near me and they have advised it could be the Vacuum Pump which is near the Alternator, please could some point where the Vacuum pump is located on my Corsa 1.3 cdti 2013. Many thanks
Pic 1

20210607_110815.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
The vacuum pump is not near the alternator. In fact it is located on the right hand side of the engine near your battery and is visible from your last photo with the engine cover off. It is round in shape.

If the oil leak is coming from the left hand side of the engine above the alternator it is likely to be the oil separator pcv valve at the back of the engine on the left hand side or the rocker cover casket. As advised previously you need to clean the whole area with brake cleaner, then start the engine and check for the oil leak, go for a short drive and check again.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Thank you all for your feedback and advise, I will clean the entire engine and recheck for the oil leak.
Yeah that's your best option or you will end up firing the parts cannon at it and end up costing you way more in the long run. You can buy brake cleaner pretty cheap on car parts 4less

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts