Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I’m not sure where this is meant to go.

I had changed my oil and oil filter yesterday and today I’ve got a red engine oil pressure light. The engine also smells a little like it’s burning. I’ve noticed a drip over this area which I’ve shown in the picture which is coming from the part circled I believe. Any suggestions? My insurance won’t cover me at home and my mechanic is going to charge me a premium and I’m sure it’s something simple (I hope)

Any help would really be appreciated! Thank you. Below are pictures of the filter, type of oil used and the parts where a bit of oil has leaked. It seems to be from the actuator for the wastegate. There was nothing come out when idle.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I’m not sure where this is meant to go.

I had changed my oil and oil filter yesterday and today I’ve got a red engine oil pressure light. The engine also smells a little like it’s burning. I’ve noticed a drip over this area which I’ve shown in the picture which is coming from the part circled I believe. Any suggestions? My insurance won’t cover me at home and my mechanic is going to charge me a premium and I’m sure it’s something simple (I hope)

Any help would really be appreciated! Thank you. Below are pictures of the filter, type of oil used and the parts where a bit of oil has leaked. It seems to be from the actuator for the wastegate. There was nothing come out when idle.

View attachment 20058 View attachment 20059 View attachment 20060 View attachment 20061 View attachment 20062
Hey Lazux

I'm not 100% on this engine but will try my best to offer sone help (note: you may want to sign uo to the Vauxhall forum and post it there also, the corsa D forum has gone quiet in recent years...not too sure why). 1) What type of mileage is the car on? 2) Have you inspected the oil pressure switch? 3) The oil leak does seem to be coming from the turbo but i would put this down to causing the light to come on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Lazux

I'm not 100% on this engine but will try my best to offer sone help (note: you may want to sign uo to the Vauxhall forum and post it there also, the corsa D forum has gone quiet in recent years...not too sure why). 1) What type of mileage is the car on? 2) Have you inspected the oil pressure switch? 3) The oil leak does seem to be coming from the turbo but i would put this down to causing the light to come on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hi everson, thanks for the quick reply! Is that the vauxhalls owners forum you are talking about?

The car is only 50.5K miles, hasn't really been driven at all for the past 2 months and I have just done a service myself with a new filter and oil. I don't actually know where the oil pressure switch is on this model. I have seen ones for older models, but not this particular engine.

So you believe its down to that small leak which is causing the light?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts