Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’ve mentioned about my passenger air flight flashing non stop and also a solid airbag light on the dash I was wondering if I could deleted the code with an OpCom of that’s possible and safe?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah Opcom will do it

either do a full car scan and clear it from there or head into the SDM/Airbag module for it to only show airbag related codes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah sweet it’s not going to effect the safety ae lol I’m not that much of a car techie, also is it any opcom for the corsa or do I need a certain one for a 2013 year old

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Opcom will do it

either do a full car scan and clear it from there or head into the SDM/Airbag module for it to only show airbag related codes.
Ah sweet it’s not going to effect the safety ae lol I’m not that much of a car techie, also is it any opcom for the corsa or do I need a certain one for a 2013 year old

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you’re using the cheap eBay ones (like me), it might be a bit difficult because you’ve got to manage through 3 different year softwares (2010, 2012, 2014). The Opcom obd itself will work fine, though the software you use will decide how easy it’ll work for you. 2010 is the smoothest but might hide out some modern codes. Try with that version first to clear the airbag lights (you’ll have to select a 2010 Corsa for example but it’ll be fine as you’re just searching and clearing the codes), if not, move up a level.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you’re using the cheap eBay ones (like me), it might be a bit difficult because you’ve got to manage through 3 different year softwares (2010, 2012, 2014). The Opcom obd itself will work fine, though the software you use will decide how easy it’ll work for you. 2010 is the smoothest but might hide out some modern codes. Try with that version first to clear the airbag lights (you’ll have to select a 2010 Corsa for example but it’ll be fine as you’re just searching and clearing the codes), if not, move up a level.
Ah right fair enough I was looking at opcom but got a few different units so I was just nervous I was looking at wrong ones

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ah right fair enough I was looking at opcom but got a few different units so I was just nervous I was looking at wrong ones
I believe for the clones the main differences are the versions they are on, but most are flashable to be used for newer/older versions of Opcom (10,12,14 etc).

Personally I bought mine here: OP COM Fits Vauxhall OBD2 Diagnostic Code Reader Scanner Tool OPCOM 1.39 HQ | eBay

Seller has a good website for downloads of Opcom Software, and Opcom Firmware

1 - 7 of 7 Posts