Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been looking at cool running thermostats tonight, apparently then help the z16's warm up quicker.
Do they? if so do they make a noticeable difference?

thanks in advance

NOTE: its the same as the one in the mechanical setcion however i didnt get any replies
:icry:

·
Registered
81 Posts
The thermostat will open at a lower temperature which will start the coolant circulating earlier then on a standard car it means theoretically your warm up time (the time taken for the stat to open/the engine to reach full running temperature) will be reduced I've heard some good reviews about these however I can't comment as I haven't fitted mine just yet hope this little information helps sorry if it doesn't

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thermostat will open at a lower temperature which will start the coolant circulating earlier then on a standard car it means theoretically your warm up time (the time taken for the stat to open/the engine to reach full running temperature) will be reduced I've heard some good reviews about these however I can't comment as I haven't fitted mine just yet hope this little information helps sorry if it doesn't
helped a lot mate cheers! are you gunna fit one? surely someone must have one on here, i might just give it a go soon i think there only £30..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive noticed theres a few on there, let me know when its fitted, interesting to know how much faster it heats up when fitted...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Iv had mine fitted for about 10 months and i didnt notice any diffrence i fitted mine for a bit of peace of mind has its ment to help keep the engine cooler when tuned and when driving hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts