Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there im new to this site and need some help.

see below pics of my debadging in progress photo. Previous owner has painted the emblems black, I didnt like this so I debadged these, unfortunatley there is alot of black paint spray on the paintwork.
Im looking for something that will remove this, in the long run I will have clay bared the car, compound and then polish.
Previous owner also paintsd the front grille and this has now started to remove, need to also know how to remove it completely without replacing the whole grille.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
978 Posts
Machine polish with some black t cut or such like, t cut is great gear but it cuts through so keep moving the machine and don’t press too hard or leave it in the same place for long as you’ll end up with lots of white circles where it’s taken too much paint off! Then wash or replace the pads on the polisher and give it a good polish with something like autoglym and then do it again in a couple of weeks then wax it regularly and polish every month or so, if it all seems a bit daunting look for mobile valeters near you and try google / Facebook etc for recommendations as good guys are out there that do a great job and don’t charge the earth

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Machine polish with some black t cut or such like, t cut is great gear but it cuts through so keep moving the machine and don’t press too hard or leave it in the same place for long as you’ll end up with lots of white circles where it’s taken too much paint off! Then wash or replace the pads on the polisher and give it a good polish with something like autoglym and then do it again in a couple of weeks then wax it regularly and polish every month or so, if it all seems a bit daunting look for mobile valeters near you and try google / Facebook etc for recommendations as good guys are out there that do a great job and don’t charge the earth
Thanks for the reply, top man! My only issue is the lack of confidence using a machine polisher and then it turns out worse then it was before.
Ill look on facebook, Ideally just want that paint removed and polished. Would you recommend anyone around brum?
Thanks

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hello there im new to this site and need some help.

see below pics of my debadging in progress photo. Previous owner has painted the emblems black, I didnt like this so I debadged these, unfortunatley there is alot of black paint spray on the paintwork.
Im looking for something that will remove this, in the long run I will have clay bared the car, compound and then polish.
Previous owner also paintsd the front grille and this has now started to remove, need to also know how to remove it completely without replacing the whole grille.

Hey matey,

Sorry to hear your having troubles

I do detailing mate and based near you (Walsall). From the picture, it looks like in the wings of the Griffin (vauxhall logo) that you have some areas where the paint has been taken of to bare metal? Is that correct or am I seeing wrong?

In regards to removing the black paint, you will need to clay bar it out, it is mostly likely imbedded in the paint work. Which then would eventually need a paint correction as the clay bay will put in.some light swirls and marring. In the areas where the paint looks missing altogether you would need to get paint touched up

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey matey,

Sorry to hear your having troubles

I do detailing mate and based near you (Walsall). From the picture, it looks like in the wings of the Griffin (vauxhall logo) that you have some areas where the paint has been taken of to bare metal? Is that correct or am I seeing wrong?

In regards to removing the black paint, you will need to clay bar it out, it is mostly likely imbedded in the paint work. Which then would eventually need a paint correction as the clay bay will put in.some light swirls and marring. In the areas where the paint looks missing altogether you would need to get paint touched up

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
Hi there,

thanks for your message.

theres no paint missing anywhere on the griffin although it does look like in the photos I took.
What youcan see if the adhesive left behind from the removal of the griffin. Was a painful process using the clay bar with little difference from so much elbow grease.
Im happy to pop over to WS so you can have a look and give me a quote.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Use some thinners on a cloth not saturated just dampen it then A light rub Followed by a light machine polish Or buff by hand if youve got the guns . Use a quality compound Like roar fast cut and it will come off easy if its just aerosol paint

or use a toffee wheel But never use a toffee wheel on plastic bumpers, trims etc .... only On painted metal panels all you need is a wheel and a drill have a google/youtube

I have customers turn up at the bodyshop regular with horrible things sprayed on their cars But 99% of the time i can just machine polish it off in about 5 minutes, its when the words have been keyed/scratched into the paint work that it becomes a proper job

Or just ring s local bodyshop and ask them if they can have a quick go with the mop , id do it for you if i was local !

·
Registered
52 Posts
The grill i cant help you with, a new one might be a better option .id be hesitant to use thinners on anything plastic/chrome Or any cutting compound as it may take the chrome away

1 - 8 of 8 Posts