Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i can tell a lot of people have bought there cars through the partners programme i would be interested to know if anyone has had a discount on top of the set amounts laid out by the offer? I.e has anyone managed to wangle a bit more discount out of any of the sales people on top of what they are already entitled too?

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
it depends on what car your buying tbh a lower model one you may get some more off but higher specs (corsa vxr) they are very reluctant to offer any more discount

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats a great idea, ive done the stupid thing and gone in and told them about the partners programme straight away. i should have done it like you said and kept that card until the end, cheers for that!

·
Registered
180 Posts
:yes:
max discount that they can give on vxl partners is 10% on all vxr`s
but as its mentioned earlier you probably get bit more off if you haggle with them
and also if your going to tell them your paying cash then they wont discount it as
much as if you were to get it on finance as they make more on finance than a cash
deal

vxr range only partners disc is 10%
other corsa d models partners disc is 12%
astra/vectra partners disc is 17%

so it depends on the car you choose

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
When they give you the discount price, don't seem overly keen either. I managed to get rid of the £300 admin fees, some free mats, and some other goodies free, as they though they were gonna lose a sale.

It's good to shop around too. I got a price from the Vardy dealership near me, which was a bargain, but they didn't throw in mats when I asked, so I said I'd see, and come back maybe. Took the bargain price I got to the Vardy dealer at Sunderland about 10 miles away, and they took that price, and made it cheaper, along with the mats, and the other things, so I went for it.

Best thing to do is say I want this, this, and this, and want you to knock this, this, and this off, and if not, I'll go elsewhere. They'll soon get where you're coming from, and give you a cheap deal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some sound advice their mate thanks very much. I will defo shop around and see what the best thing they can do is!

·
Registered
27 Posts
3 of us have just bought Vauxhalls using the Partners Programme.
The guys who bought an Astra and a Zafira had big discounts using Partners, in fact even better if they agreed to take out a £1500 loan. For £300 of interest they got an additional £3000 discount, so quids in there.

I found with my Corsa that the dealer couldn't offer much of a Partners discount so bought it online with Buyacar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts