Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not able to put the passenger window down from the passenger side controls but can put it up from that side, however i am able to put it down and up from the drivers side.

did use to work a few months back when I bought the car but seem to have stoped working at some point

any ideas will be appricated

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
978 Posts
Sounds like there’s a break in the wire somewhere, possibly it’s got trapped over time with the door being open and closed so many times. Then again it could be the switch itself, so what I’d suggest is, as that’s the easiest thing to do, is take the drivers side switch, which you know works, and try the passenger side switch on one of the connectors in the drivers door, if that works, it’s your switch, check the contacts on the passenger side wiring too as if it’s had drink spilt on it in the past, that could lead to a problem like this. If you can’t get passenger side to fit the drivers side try the drivers side switch in the passenger side, if it works you need a new switch for that side. I’d be very tempted to check the condition of the connector because of the drink thing just see if anything is wrong. Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
978 Posts
Could even be it needs synchronization, sounds scary, google it, it’s simple and quick, and rules out something else before you end up taking the car apart looking for a problem that isn’t there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts