Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off, I have searched and searched and cant find any answers.

I did SMD conversion on my window switches. However when I put the passenger one in it doesn't always light up.
In addition to this, the window opens all the way upon turning the ignition. When it has stopped I can then close the window, but cannot open it again.

I ordered a replacement off ebay and when I turned the ignition the window stayed still. (yay) I then tried to open the window, it opened (yay) I then tried to close the window, it stayed open (boo). When I take the key out and put the key back in and turn, the window then closes itself. (in essence the reverse of what was happening with the other switch) I initially thought that it was a dodgy switch that they had sent me. So I tried the switch out of my mums corsa and it did the same as the new one.

The second scenario isn't as bad, cause I can just refrain from opening the window, as it was very rarely used anyway. However ideally I would have a working window.

Does anybody have any experience with this issue? OR have any ideas as to what could resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
You can re set the window switches mate, hold them up for a few secs when the window is all the way up.
Not saying it will cure the issue but you never know :wink: as for not lighting up no idea on this one mate sorry .

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can re set the window switches mate, hold them up for a few secs when the window is all the way up.
Not saying it will cure the issue but you never know :wink: as for not lighting up no idea on this one mate sorry .
I'll give that a try. I think the one that I had been soldering for the smd conversion messed up when I did it as I kinda rushed it. but just thought it was weird that the other two didn't work either.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
I'll give that a try. I think the one that I had been soldering for the smd conversion messed up when I did it as I kinda rushed it. but just thought it was weird that the other two didn't work either.
No worries let me know how you get on :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries let me know how you get on :doublethumbs:
Didn't work :(
Also noticed that the light stays on when taking the key out, whereas the driver side ones turn off.

I will try disconnecting the battery for half an hour and see if that resolves the issue.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
You have the wrong type of switches. There are two types one with a clear top and one with a black top, one has an extra pin and does exactly as you describe, you can lower the window but when you try and raise it the switch flashes, they are wired differently internally.

Best bet is to use the original switches but swap the tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
That's how did this place is these days, folk pulling up ancient threads :lol1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts