Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just information on my choice.
I was'nt sure about petrol or diesel so drove both.
Petrol was 1.4sxi. Ride good and roadholding excellent. The power seemed good at the time and the car when driven was quick off the mark. Steering responce and feel is very good and all in all a great little car. There was some concern going up hill when the power was not brilliant. This is very important to me as i do Derby to Scotland (near aviemore) and need overtaking torque on the A9 and around the great driving roads by Balmoral Castle.
Due to the slight worry regarding the lack of power took the 1.3 CDTi SXi out. What a difference. Drive the car with the revs slightly higher than a petrol car and what a difference. Even the salesman was surprised. The torque is great and going up hill seemed to make no difference. With the greater economy the only choise was the diesel.

Ordered the 1.3 CDTi SXi with 17" alloys. Flexfix bike rack (what a great idea) and full glass sunroof. Ditched the aircon as i have had 4 cars with it and never switched it on. This did mean i lost the option of cruise control. Due to having the Flexfix they also told me i couldn'nt have the VXR kit fitted at the factory. The rear skirt would be ripped off when the Flexfix is out.

Waiting for it now. Should be around Sept 1st. Hope this info helps other makng the choice. :|

·
Registered
258 Posts
Totally agree have a 1.4 petrol hire car and its shoot. got a 1.3 90ps comin on wed for a long term loaner n tbh i cant wait! Good choice boy

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have to also completley agree. I test drove a 1.2 Club, a 1.4 Design and a 1.3CDti Design, and by far the best is the 1.3, which is the one I got. Just keep the rev's above 20k and the power is on tap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I test drove the 1.3 cdti 75 & the 1.4 and after having a C 1.7 sri I new i could'nt live with either, basically they were both flat as a fart! Opted for the 1.7 D. When I first drove it I thought I'd made a mistake cos of 1st & 2nd gear but now I'm used to the gearing and give it some decent rev's in the low gears it's cracking. Getting low 50's MPG back and forth to work even when doing 70 to 80 at times each day.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I test drove the 1.3 cdti 75 & the 1.4 and after having a C 1.7 sri I new i could'nt live with either, basically they were both flat as a fart!
Beleive me, the 1.3 CDTi 90 is certainly not flat as a fart. You should have got a drive in that one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts