Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Spring 2012 Feature Car
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
mint car callum but please dont turn it into a corsa,your warning light on cause of hid kit mate,big problems fitting them on vag group cars,what hid kit did you buy

No it has the canbus pro hids , no warring lights till I took the stupid yellow running lights out , but new led canbus ones arrive today !

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Very smart!! I was looking at these for my next motor but I quickly realised that they cost a fair bit more to run than a 1.3 derv lol and the 1.4 tfsi is too slow really for a step up so I'm staying derv :( lol, enjoy it though pal :thumbs:

·
Spring 2012 Feature Car
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Very smart!! I was looking at these for my next motor but I quickly realised that they cost a fair bit more to run than a 1.3 derv lol and the 1.4 tfsi is too slow really for a step up so I'm staying derv :( lol, enjoy it though pal :thumbs:

Yeah a lot more to run than my 1.2 Corsa lol worth it but !!!!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Nice car matey, I have given up with washing mine and its pretty minging at the minute.

Bet you are loving your new found power - although judging by your mpg I think you are lol!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why are people saying this ? Lol
Well if they are Audi Factory fitted HID's then you'll be fine. If they are aftermarket ones then the car is supplying more power to the bulbs than needed, when the lights are tuned on it sends a surge back to the motor that basically fries it... Also the headlights and motor share some form of wiring thus resulting in this. At least this is what people think! :p

Besides - if you have such a beautiful car, why put aftermarket crap in it, keep it OEM ;)

Just for clarity i have a A3 2.0L S-line - Love it to bits and had the works on it, the only thing i havent is the front lights for this reason, and OEM = 2k+ :D

·
Spring 2012 Feature Car
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well if they are Audi Factory fitted HID's then you'll be fine. If they are aftermarket ones then the car is supplying more power to the bulbs than needed, when the lights are tuned on it sends a surge back to the motor that basically fries it... Also the headlights and motor share some form of wiring thus resulting in this. At least this is what people think! :p

Besides - if you have such a beautiful car, why put aftermarket crap in it, keep it OEM ;)

Just for clarity i have a A3 2.0L S-line - Love it to bits and had the works on it, the only thing i havent is the front lights for this reason, and OEM = 2k+ :D
After market , canbus pro 35w , work perfect I know about 6 people that have had there audi for over a year and no hassle , I have warranty anyways lol

21 - 40 of 92 Posts