Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the stuff on their grilles or any part of their car?

I wanna do the front grille and fog surrounds in it and is cheaper than wrapping but want people's reviews first?

If I don't like the outcome I know I can peel it off but interested if others have used it first.

Cheers all.

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already text him :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've got three cans waiting for better weather before spraying tho..

Heard good things about it, although if you want a gloss look its harder to get off and I've been recommended to use plasti dips own glossifier

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's their glossifier?

I've seen a 'smoker' where it starts off dark Gray then more coats to make it darker black which I'd prob go for to be fair. Anything to get rid of the chrome.

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's good stuff, the finish isn't great up close but it does the job. My front grills will be getting done black if I can ever be bothered.
You ever used it before mate? Ill buy some when black comes back in stock.

·
Registered
81 Posts
search on facebook for wrapstarz pro and look at the owners s2000 thats plastidipped and it looks great not everyones cup of tea but i love it thatll give you some idea of the quality people can get

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, a lad in work did the grill on his punto with it. Looked decent and a lot better than the standard plastic
Lol well your comment has won it round for me :)

it's awesome stuff. really easy to use. just clean the surface & spray straight on. no need for primer or anything.
Cheers Matt, just need to wait for black to come back in :)

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah ill be leaving mine the normal black it comes won't mess about :)

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah mate will be doing it when it comes back in stock :)

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Yeah mate will be doing it when it comes back in stock :)
Nice one. they have it on eBay but iirc its actually cheaper direct from PlastiDip.

Mine has been on over a year now & still going strong. Resistant to stone chips which is ace and the best part is that if you want to take it off, just peel it off!

Also in terms of wheels - if you kurb it, just tear off the loose edges & spray over it, it just fills in the gap & you can never tell it was there :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts