Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I have a 2011 Vauxhall corsa 1.2 that I am having problems with.
my car started to cut out on me whist driving, then I would leave it for a few minutes then it would start straight back up again and away I go.
now it’s got to the point of where it wouldn’t start at all. All it would do is crank over but just wouldn’t start. So first thing I done was checked the battery to make sure it wasn’t low and was reading 12.53 which is fine.
so I put it on the computer to see if their was any fault codes and to my delight their was nothing whatsoever. So what I done was took the camshaft sensors out and cleaned them up and bang it started straight up. So after driving it for 15 minutes the car just died on me. After getting it back home I Brought new camshaft sensors then changed them both to be on the safe side, and also brought a crank sensor aswell. I put new spark plugs in and also cleaned up all the earths on the car and around the ecu which I know is also a common fault on theses. After all that it started up fine and seemed all good ticking over, so I drove it to the shop and back and all fine. The next day drove it to the shop and after 15 minutes it just cut out on me and now won’t start but still cranks over. It seems that when the engine gets to a certain temperature the engine just cuts out.
please can someone please help me and guide me in the right direction what the hell this could be as it’s still not reading anything on the computer or getting any fault code or warning light on the dash.
Any advice would be appreciated to sort this problem out

cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That was one thing I did check. I checked to make sure I was getting all spark from each plug and coil pack. But I am thinking of getting an new one and trying it as it maybe breaking down when getting hot I’m not to sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have left it running for 45mins and no problems at all. I have plug my snap on machine in and now faults are all. I have even done a live data with car running and nothing 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I haven’t checked that but did check to make sure that I did have 12v running from the alternator and that’s fine. The battery is still holding its charge and not losing any voltage.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Crank shaft sensor lad i went through exact same thing and ive actually found out i have a failed ECU on my vxr and needs a new recoded ECU, oh and also crank shaft sensors don’t show up as a fault code either so give that a try and let me know never mind all the ignition timing thats probs not been altered at all simple thing like a sensor does this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crank shaft sensor lad i went through exact same thing and ive actually found out i have a failed ECU on my vxr and needs a new recoded ECU, oh and also crank shaft sensors don’t show up as a fault code either so give that a try and let me know never mind all the ignition timing thats probs not been altered at all simple thing like a sensor does this.
Iv changed the crank sensor and also both camshaft sensors mate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts