Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anyone any idea what could be wrong with my 2012 1.2
When ticking over the idle drops if I disconnect the MAF sensor it ticks over ok.Changed the spark plugs and air filter and notice a bit of a leak in the rocker cover gasket

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi anyone any idea what could be wrong with my 2012 1.2
When ticking over the idle drops if I disconnect the MAF sensor it ticks over ok.Changed the spark plugs and air filter and notice a bit of a leak in the rocker cover gasket
You may need to clean your throttle body, but also if you can get your hand on a second hand maf to see if that rectified anything , as it seems odd that when the MAF is disconnect the car reads better.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may need to clean your throttle body, but also if you can get your hand on a second hand maf to see if that rectified anything , as it seems odd that when the MAF is disconnect the car reads better.

I’ve ordered a new MAF so hopefully that sorts it I think I read somewhere that if you disconnect the MAF sensor the car uses a format stored on the ecu and car runs ok but you can’t leave it disconnected for too long

·
Registered
442 Posts
I’ve ordered a new MAF so hopefully that sorts it I think I read somewhere that if you disconnect the MAF sensor the car uses a format stored on the ecu and car runs ok but you can’t leave it disconnected for too long
As a quick and easier test you may want to just clean the MAF with some MAF cleaner, which maybe hard to figure be UK but still have a search but hear carburetor cleaner can be used. Just need to spray it on the fine element in inside, type in on YouTube how to do it. Could save urslef a few quid and if doesn't work then out the new on in and see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a quick and easier test you may want to just clean the MAF with some MAF cleaner, which maybe hard to figure be UK but still have a search but hear carburetor cleaner can be used. Just need to spray it on the fine element in inside, type in on YouTube how to do it. Could save urslef a few quid and if doesn't work then out the new on in and see.

Hi sorry forgot to mention but already tried that got MAF cleaner from eBay but didn’t work

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi fitted MAF sensor today and problem still there when idling the revs go up and down and car eventually stalls
Remove the connector for the MAF sensor and car idles ok
Anyone any idea reply’s much appreciated

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
591 Posts
Am I to assume it’s a eBay mad sensor? Just if it is it’s not unheard of for them to be a bit toilet that’s all, somewhere like euro car parts should sort you out my old bean.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Noticed when changing the spark plugs fair bit of oil leaking from rocker cover gasket was wondering if this could cause poor idle

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
591 Posts
Certainly a good point, oil on the plugs will make it run a bit pants so maybe do the rocker cover gasket my old sprout

1 - 12 of 12 Posts