Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys :)

First post on this forum but i have been directed here whenever i have wanted to look up something to do with D's!

Anyway more to the point, today i booked by car into Oxford Audio Centre to get all wired up ready for a Sub installation (prefer to get wiring done properly as i don't want to fork out for a new battery or anything when i can just pay the price for a professional job)

i am using the stock CD30 MP3 Headunit and they have said it will be a easy task for them so i am trusting them entirely!

I was in the shop looking around at all the speakers on offer, the shop assistant was showing me all the different speakers starting from a standard JL Audio to a mid/high end but that is out of a realistic price range!

£399 for a Sub is a bit extreme for bass!

Sooooo... Do anyone have a sub in their D? if so could you please recommend one or point me in the right direction as i don't want to purchase something that is going to be not worth while

Thanks!
TI

·
Registered
133 Posts
Personally, I've always found that any 8" 10" or 12" Sub with an amp is plenty of bass for what i'm ever after. Saying that, you do have to combine this with up-rated front speakers with maybe an aftermarket amp driving them so that when you turn it up, the fronts dont just distort.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Like was said, any sub will work for bass. It depends what kind of music you listen to for what size, and the bigger the sub the more expensive they are although it's not that much price difference just based on size. If you listen to punchy music like I do, Rock etc then you will find 10" more suited because they give much more of a kick and refined bass, whereas if you listen to very deep dubstep you'll be better off with 12" or 15" as it gives more of a deep rumble. I would go for a cheap sub if it's your first one but leave room to upgrade by getting 4 gauge wiring, that way you can always just switch out the amp and sub and dont have to worry about wiring. I would definitely recommend upgrading speakers though as they have to be good enough to compliment the bass, otherwise you're literally just gonna have a lot of noise and no actual music! I'm not sure what the standard Corsa speakers are really like cause as soon as I got mine, a week later had a whole new system :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thanks for the reply!

Yeah i was speaking to a friend who has a Fiesta ST with a 15" inch and he said it was sometimes to bassy for everyday and wish he had got a 12 inch sub instead? I am getting the wiring done professionally which is 70 pounds labour plus the cost of the wiring, i am scepticle about getting it done and am unsure if i should spend the 100+ on getting it wired when there is tutorials to do it yourself? I wouldn't trust myself doing it but would gladdy pay money to another person who has done it before?

I am thinking of just 1 12 inch sub for the moment don't want to go any bigger because of what i have heard about larger subs.

Anyone know anyone in south east who can wire a Corsa D for a sub?

again, thanks for replying and thanks for the good advice!! highly appreciated!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yea 15 inch is way too much for me tbh, defo a case of bigger isn't better, unless you're into really heavy dubstep or I think techno. Also if you go for 15 inch you'd have to go really expensive to get the right quality so 12 inch is perfectly fine really. It kinda covers everything decently, I've had 2 12" before getting my 10" and really would recommend starting at 12 just to get a feel of it all.

I live in the south east but most of the people I know are based down near the coast as that's where I live. Best thing to do, and what I did was just search "car audio install" followed by your area, should bring up a couple of results and then just phone them up and get quotes etc if you want someone to do it for you. I wired up my own sub in my first car and it was a total bodge job lol. Drilled through the air con pipe to get it through the car! It's pretty easy though on a Corsa if you can find the where the other wires go through, behind the glovebox, as you can just put the power cable through there and take it all into the boot. I personally just cba lol so paid a guy to fit my latest one, and looks tidy as well - worth the £60 I paid!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts