Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - 1st post and its a problem....

Bought the little lady a 1.3 CDti 90 SXi Corsa in January.

Its now got just over 7k mile on it, but 2 weeks ago, the engine management light came on, and it went into Limp home mode.

its been in to the garage for the last 2 weeks, with them trying things, and me popping back to try it out every few days.

now, its working well, but not as well as it was before - it used to have a really neck-setting kick when the turbo boosted. - it just doesn't any more :(

now today, ive been for a drive of the same model, with only 200 miles on the clock, and it feels, well, exactly the same as ours does now. - its good, but not like it was before!

we have it booked into a rolling road later in the week (may have to be postponed due to work commitments) but i really want to find out what its producing.

So, What i'm asking is, has anyone had problems with their 1.3's?
Is there a plug-in power box for it?
Could ours have been re-mapped (it did have 90 miles on when we collected it) and now have lost its program due to limp mode?

Thanks in advance.

Al.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi mate welcome to the site mate there is somthing out for it called DTUK

heres the site mate http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/

Is there much of a performance gain from the 1.3 engine given that its already tuned up from the basic 75. just askin out of curiosity cause i remeber askin on ccuk and everyone didnt think there would be much point in it. sayin that that was a c forum and no noe had actually tried it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1.3 supposed to be a new engine, not just a tuned old'n..

...anyways, thanks for info and intro, but we've decided to sell our SXi...

So, its up for grabbs if anyone fancies a 8 month old Sxi 1.3 CDti. - make me an offer - its 100% standard, Silver and have 7.4k miles on.

its due to go in around 14 days when new car arrives - i drive a Kia Sorento, and we've ordered the new Kia Cee'd for the little lady (1.6 113BHP CRDi). She'll miss the Corsa's handling, but not the dealers!

Al.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ya it is the same as the Fiat, jointly made, although it is a new engine, also remember the 90 has a 6 speed box where the 75 has only 5 so different gearings, all be it an overdrive...!.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts