Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. After some advice. Had to take my 1.3 LE into woods west calder today as it had a glow plug light flashing. Just needed a forced dpf regen but while they were trying to find the fault for me (spanner warning symbol had came on as well but it went off half a mile from dealers) they discovered a problem. The tech 2 machine is unable to communicate with any of the cars ecu's effectively meaning if I ever have a prob in future a dealer won't be able to diagnose.

They suspect it is something to do with the parrot kit those idiots at Peter vary had fitted when the ballsed up my factory Bluetooth when I got the car new 16 months ago. Guys at woods reckon they have maybe taken feed from the cars diagnostic port.

I am going to get to vardy and try and get them to have it fixed but wonder if anybody who knows about these things can advise me if this sounds possible or could the car with spanner symbol that was lit up could be a clue as the manual says this can mean electronic problems.

I don't want to go too nuts at vardy if its unlikely that's the cause.

·
Registered
635 Posts
doubt they would have taken a feed from the diagnostics port but you never know, worth a try to be honest but they will probably deny it if they have taken a feed from the diagnostics port.

·
Registered
532 Posts
best off tracking were they have powered it from and you can change the power supply to the cigeretter lighter fuse or sunroof

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the replies guys I will have a root around at the weekend see what I can suss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts