Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted a ramair foam air filter . If so where did you put and was there been any issues of the engine overheating or getting damaged

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you buy the kit of ebay store it will come with the support bracket for the filter aswell as any other little bits ,

i went for the pro ram filter as its supposed to have great filtration but if thats true or not i cant say but it Looks and sounds great and should be safer for the MAF compared to oiled filters

You wont have any overheating problems but you may suffer a small loss of power , open cone sucking in hot air (heat soak) isnt great for performance

But running a cold air feed plus a heat shield can solve this but its more effort/parts/time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All ready have it . Was advised to get it as close to the front for cold air rather than where the original air filter is told it could over heat engine due to hot air intake

·
Registered
92 Posts
The engine wont over heat from sucking in hot/warm air otherwise come summer time we would all be in trouble! aswell as people that lived in very hot countries, Your car is designed to respond to fluctuating intake temps

Your small 1.4 will never produce heat that will be of any danger

Your performance will suffer no doubt
you can Try and counter this buy using a higher octane fuel as well as running cold air feeds and heat shields

Heat soak/air filters ,are a massive topic And i could literally right pages and pages but i suggest you do some reading
ive run a cone filter on all 20 of the cars ive owned and never have any of them overheated after fitting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts