Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Corsa 1.7 Cdti

Hello to all

Bought a Cors 07 plate in MARCH AND I'M AVIN A LOT OF PROBS.
  1. Turbo lag in 2nd gear
  2. Poor MPG
  3. Wont go to 3000rpm when in 6th gear when moterway drivin
Anyone havin similar probs , I would like to hear.

·
Registered
258 Posts
welcome to the club mate. poor mpg averaging about 300 to the tank. NO power at all most of the time! 6th gear is totally useless at ANY speed even after a mitey long downhill runway to get her flat out in 5th. which is exactly why mine is sitting in the dealers now :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jonny

I've had mine back to the dealers about 4 times now. First thing that went was the clutch after 435 miles. never heard that b4?

When I went back to the dealers on Tuesday 8th May 2007, to tell them about the problem (6th gear) the service manager just blaintantly refused to believe it.

When I offered to take him out on the road to show him , he refused, but still said there isn't a problem with the car. Its booked in at a different garage for a second appionion on the 16th May, and if I'm still not happy I'm going to seek legal advise.

"THE HOT HATCH" Dont think so, well disapointed with the performance and customer care!!!

Cheers for your reply

kev

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Jonny

I've had mine back to the dealers about 4 times now. First thing that went was the clutch after 435 miles. never heard that b4?

When I went back to the dealers on Tuesday 8th May 2007, to tell them about the problem (6th gear) the service manager just blaintantly refused to believe it.

When I offered to take him out on the road to show him , he refused, but still said there isn't a problem with the car. Its booked in at a different garage for a second appionion on the 16th May, and if I'm still not happy I'm going to seek legal advise.

"THE HOT HATCH" Dont think so, well disapointed with the performance and customer care!!!

Cheers for your reply

kev
Hi Kevin, suppose to have delivery of my 1.7 next week but dealer can't tell me if it will happen or not. Starting to get a bad feeling about this car as there seem to be quite a few bad reports, think I will ask them directly if they know of these prob but don't suppose for a minute that they will admit to them. Roughly where in Yorkshire is your dealer?

·
Registered
258 Posts
well mine has been in the dealers 11 times same prob

my dad is the sales manager and this is the last time he is accepting the car in the garage before putting the rejection process in order! im well ****ed off. everyone who drives the car syas how the fook can you drive thatr 60miles a daqy???

o well if i do get a replacement it will be a vxr as my job has gotten SO much better n ive got my own flat just dowen the road from work :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 1.7. Initially I was disappointed with the power off acceleration in 1st and 2nd but over the space of 3 weeks I've got used to it, just need to give it some revs, and work the clutch and gears and problem solved.

Yes, I have also had a problems, specifically with split second pauses in power causing a slight 'judder' in 1st and occasionally in 2nd gear. I phoned the garage and they said bring it down, take one of them out in it and show them the problem. Difficulty is it doesn't do it regular, so as yet I haven't been. But I will when I have time off work to call.

Overall, I love the car. MPG aint been a problem, nor 6th gear. I went on a decent run down the motor way and 6th was great for cruising and had a sting in its tail. The car is fast, true you have to work the lower end gears but there's a 'knack'. Personally, once I sort out the ocassional 'judder' (and you have to be the one driving it to notice it - only split second stuff - but not what you'd expect from a new motor) I'd not exchange it for anything in it's league.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had my 1.7 design since May and have a similar experience to Steve. Once you get used to the gearing and get the revs right then there is no real problem with 1st and 2nd and the power really kicks in when you get to 3rd and 4th and there still some oomph in 5th. Obviously 6th is for cruising but I have had no power loss in any gear. I have experienced what I can only describe as an occasional hiccup in second but nothing that I could describe as a judder. I am managing to get low fifties MPG and while I'm not thrashing it I certainly don't drive it like an old lady. Over all I'm quite happy at the moment -fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hiya Kevin
sorry to hear about your car ! Hope you can get some advice from some

of the people on here. Welcome to the site and hope you get it sorted

soon :sadwave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts