Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can pick up a set of rear lights for my sxi as i want to tint them but dont want to use the 1's on the car i have searched all over and cant find them any prices/places would be appreciated .

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
So am i right in thinking that the vxr's have actual tinted covers unlike where fusco's have been painted???. If so this is a little more appealing because i am scared of scratching the coat on them when i have them done???.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Yep, the VXR one's come as tinted standard, but I'm not sure wether they're tinted on the inside, or out. I haven't paid too much attention to them.

I think to scratch my lights, you'd need to put on a lot of pressure, and maybe use a screwdriver, or something.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
AH Thanks fusco, As long as the stuff doesnt chip or scratch dead easily then i still think i will get it done that way, Mainly because i want them darker than the vxr's because they aint that noticable...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
i think it depends on how you get them done.
there are cases when the paint starts flaking or paint simply washing off.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
remember theres a legal limit on them, dont know wether or not to get lexus lights or smoked lights on mine :| what would suit a baby blue car more?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
remember theres a legal limit on them, dont know wether or not to get lexus lights or smoked lights on mine :| what would suit a baby blue car more?
you have a baby blue car? a corsa d?
i reckon lexus lights. as it suits the light colour scheme.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Hate lexus lights me because you see the ones from motor world and they look so tacky, Just gives them a bad name haha, About the limit then, Fusco what % you have done???

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
AH Thanks fusco, As long as the stuff doesnt chip or scratch dead easily then i still think i will get it done that way, Mainly because i want them darker than the vxr's because they aint that noticable...
Mine hasn't chipped, or scratched, and I've had mine done for a long time now. That's why I opted to get mine done, as in some light the VXR ones look dark, and some they don't look tinted at all.

i think it depends on how you get them done.
there are cases when the paint starts flaking or paint simply washing off.
That'd be due to shoddy work, I reckon, or not done properly. If it's done by some one who knows what they're doing you'll be fine, or if you do it yourself, and take your time.

I didn't know there was a legal limit, I thought it just had to let sufficient light through, which mine does anyway. :)

Hate lexus lights me because you see the ones from motor world and they look so tacky, Just gives them a bad name haha, About the limit then, Fusco what % you have done???
No idea what the % is, but there's two coats worth on there. You could always do one coat, and then if you want more, do it, or just not mix in as much black, so it's a little lighter.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
That'd be due to shoddy work, I reckon, or not done properly. If it's done by some one who knows what they're doing you'll be fine, or if you do it yourself, and take your time.
so cheap is not always the way to go. :nono:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts