Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son wants to change his original speakers and make use of his FLi Amp from last car. For the front we are going to fit Alpine SPG-17CS, with Adaptors. For the rear I was going to fit SPG-13C2 with adaptors, however, having called a few shops it seems the rears are 4”OEM, so I may need the smaller SPG-10CS for the rear with Adaptors. Please can someone tell me for certain that the 13cm ones fit, don’t mind drilling a hole for the adaptor to mount just don’t want to hit any clearance issues with the panel card.
Many thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My son wants to change his original speakers and make use of his FLi Amp from last car. For the front we are going to fit Alpine SPG-17CS, with Adaptors. For the rear I was going to fit SPG-13C2 with adaptors, however, having called a few shops it seems the rears are 4”OEM, so I may need the smaller SPG-10CS for the rear with Adaptors. Please can someone tell me for certain that the 13cm ones fit, don’t mind drilling a hole for the adaptor to mount just don’t want to hit any clearance issues with the panel card.
Many thanks
Update: it appears that you can’t get an Adaptor for the Corsa D 3 door and 13cm speakers. I have been told that people don’t bother with the rear adaptor, Save the money and just drill four holes and mount the bigger 13cm direct to the metal, but with a patch of dyanmat on the metal first, can anyone confirm the back of the magnet/cage fits in the hole in the quarter panel without cutting? Thanks

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Or leave them as they are, make a acoustic shelf from 3/4 mdf cover it with carpet or the like, put a set of 6x9’s in and benefit from the extra speaker size and range as I suspect the shelf has a bit of sag in it by now. Even stealth fit and use acoustic cloth on the top, the extra weight of the shelf will seal the boot a bit too then if there’s gonna be a sub added at a later date it’ll sound better for it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or leave them as they are, make a acoustic shelf from 3/4 mdf cover it with carpet or the like, put a set of 6x9’s in and benefit from the extra speaker size and range as I suspect the shelf has a bit of sag in it by now. Even stealth fit and use acoustic cloth on the top, the extra weight of the shelf will seal the boot a bit too then if there’s gonna be a sub added at a later date it’ll sound better for it
Thanks for the idea, Could do that, but he already has a 12” powered Sub in the boot. First thing we fitted When he got it! as it’s going to take a couple of hours to remove the rear seats and quarter panels may as well fit decent speakers powered by a four channel FLi Amp

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Seems logical as I’d rather be cutting wood for a shelf than drilling holes in my car not knowing what there is behind them, imagine going too far and going through all the way! Think it’s just me getting old

1 - 5 of 5 Posts