Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

new car 'diy mechanic' here.

I'm changing the rear disks and break shoes on my Vauxhall Corsa D (CDTI 2012) 5 door.

Thing is, the wheel is stuck, I can't remove it.
I have tried hitting it with a hammer and piece of wood. (to break the seal, where it's seized)
Tried putting the bolts in hand tight and driving forward and back then slamming on the breaks to try and break the seized seal.
Got wd40 soaking on it at the moment.
It's solid.

How do they get it off in a garage?

How do i break the seized wheel thats sticking to the drum?

I've looked and couldn't find any threads ( I suspect it's such a basic thing, where brute force and percistance will eventually suceed)

How do i do it?

Thanks for your time and help.

James

·
Registered
27 Posts
Happened to me in the pissing rain! Trust me its a pain.

Get on your backside and keep kicking at it from the bottom, Thats how I eventually got mine off. Did the things as you did above although eventually kicked the thing off.

ps. steal toe cap shoes would help ;)

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,245 Posts
Yeah a healthy dose of brute force from behind the wheel is the best way. If and only if you can do it safely, get the wheel affected up off the ground and on axle stands then a length of solid wood 100mm square minimum and wedge it between the wheel on the ground and the wheel you want off, use your wheel jack and wedge that in and open it out, that should do it if you don’t want to kick it from behind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it off!!!

I'm a proper mechanic now!! Hahahaha!

5Kilo dumbbell whack from behind, after the wd40 had been soaking for 4 hours.

Sorted! Now just got to get the rusted drum break off, bought some bolts for the job.

Back on it tomorow.

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Got it off!!!

I'm a proper mechanic now!! Hahahaha!

5Kilo dumbbell whack from behind, after the wd40 had been soaking for 4 hours.

Sorted! Now just got to get the rusted drum break off, bought some bolts for the job.

Back on it tomorow.

Thanks all!!
Glad you sorted it. All been there, just remember to be a light smear of copper grease in the drums face to avoid this happening in future

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts