Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all is it a straight swap putting recaro front seats with air bags, my seats don't have air bags can I use the same seat belt pretensioner on the recaro plus if I don't have air bag connection on my seats do I still have to disconnect the battery thanks guys and girls please step by step instructions please 馃憤

Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
You may not have airbags on your old seats but the new ones do, it鈥檇 be a bit of a shame if when you get the new ones in the airbags went off and knackered the seats just because you handnt taken battery off. So, battery off then go put the kettle on or have a cig, clean out under the car seats and pocket the 10 p鈥檚 but don鈥檛 eat the furry maccy chips, seats right back and you should see a bolt in each seat rail, undo each one they鈥檒l be tight as fcuk btw then slide forward fully and undo the back two, again tight as fcuk then unplug the seat electric connector and get it out. Before it goes to the skip take the tensioner off and swap with one on the new seats then lob new ones in but remember to do the electrics last, after you鈥檝e lost all the skin off the back of 3 knuckles and sweated like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, have another brew and repeat for the other side!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
You may not have airbags on your old seats but the new ones do, it鈥檇 be a bit of a shame if when you get the new ones in the airbags went off and knackered the seats just because you handnt taken battery off. So, battery off then go put the kettle on or have a cig, clean out under the car seats and pocket the 10 p鈥檚 but don鈥檛 eat the furry maccy chips, seats right back and you should see a bolt in each seat rail, undo each one they鈥檒l be tight as fcuk btw then slide forward fully and undo the back two, again tight as fcuk then unplug the seat electric connector and get it out. Before it goes to the skip take the tensioner off and swap with one on the new seats then lob new ones in but remember to do the electrics last, after you鈥檝e lost all the skin off the back of 3 knuckles and sweated like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, have another brew and repeat for the other side!

[/QUOTE/] hi ya even though my original seats don't have air bags
I was just just going to connect the recaro pretensioner loom straight in because my electric loom in the car hasn't been fitted with airbag loom so the recaro airbag won't work and its not wired upto so the recaro seats airbags will not work so what you are saying is use my original pretensioner loom I was informed I could use the recaro pretensioner loom reason being there ain't any live on my loom in the car even though the recaro has got socket on it a yellow one and a green one mine as only a yellow one but still plug in but no green one connection. Socket to connect 馃

Premium Member
Yeh up to you then, just didn鈥檛 want 拢300 odd quid of recaro seats to blow their bags and get buggered for 5 mins taking battery off that鈥檚 all. 馃憤

Premium Member
Pre tensioner a will still need swapping over though as yours are programmed to the car, it鈥檒l put dash light on if you don鈥檛 swap them over and while you may not mind it the mot man will! 馃榾

Registered
2013 1.4 D SRI
My man dave here is 100% correct and I'm gonna presume once the airbag light is on they aren't gonna work if you do have a bump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts